Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in Texas

Deni

It's been a while since I have posted anything but wanted to see if there is anyone in Texas that has heard or has had personal experience with Merridell Achievement Center in Liberty Hill, TX or Waco Center for Youth in Waco, TX?

I would appreciate anyone's comments or opinions on either or both of these centers.

Thanks,
Deni

LittleDudesMom

As we don't personally recommend/identify docs or facilities by name on this board, I am asking those who are familiar with the rtcs Deni has listed above, respond to her via the pm system of the board (or email).

Thanks!

Sharon

Deni

Oops! My bad. Thanks Sharon. I have been a way for a while. I will have to re-familiarize myself with things around here again.

Deni

Dim Shadow

Hello I'm new to this site, I"m in desperate need of HELP! I have a 14 yrs old adopted son who is giving me a lot of behavioral issues. I'm looking for a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) center to put him in that NOT in the Houston area any recommendation! I am on a fix income, a lot of places Ive called want my arms & legs for tuition. HELP PLEASE! I've called Waco and they said it could be a waiting list anyone have experience with the center in waco?

Deni

Dim Shadow,
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. ((((Hugs to you))))) I was in the process of getting my son into the Waco Center for Youth when he pulled his stunt that landed him back at his father's. There is alot of paperwork and it is a process but I had heard good things and being a single mom living from paycheck to paycheck, what I could afford. My son never went so I won't go as far as recommending it but check it out...can't hurt. Good luck and remember there is always the BEST support here.

DDD

No experience with Texas but in Florida you can go on the State web site and get information on their ratings, population, staff etc. as well as pictures. Hope that helps. DDD