Residential Treatment Center (RTC) listings?

hamsterwheel

Does anyone know where to find a listing of Residential Treatment Center (RTC) by state? I have looked all over the net and am striking out.

DammitJanet

I think the website strugglingteen.com is still up but you can also look in your state website for the information under dept of mental health and then search through that for group homes or residential treatment facilities. You may have to do some digging though. It can take time to search through all their pages until you get to what you want. Bring a snack to the computer...lol.

hamsterwheel

I was on that site this morning. It's like a matrix. I can fnd individual centers but not a listing by state. I'll have to try the state mental health listing again. I found regular schools but not Residential Treatment Center (RTC) facilities.

Just got a snack....lol Please post again if something else comes to mind.

Thanks!

slsh

member since 1999
Try looking at your state's dept of education website for state-approved non-public schools. I know in IL you can look for special needs residential schools.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
You might try the Child and Adolescent Biplar Foundation's website. I haven't visited it in a long time, but I recall they had a lot of resources there.

smallworld

CABF refers to the NATSAP website, but also includes 15 questions to ask prospective RTCs and characteristics of a good Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Another resource is the Joint Commission. You can search the listings of the behavioral health programs that have passed their accreditation program here:

http://www.qualitycheck.org/consumer/searchQCR.aspx

I was able to search by state, then filter down into behavioral health programs for youth and children. There are links to each program's website, and also the quality reports for each program.

They also have a section on behavioral health accreditation in general, including a brochure on how to choose a provider, here:

http://www.jointcommission.org/

Last edited: