Respite is over...

greenrene

husband, both easy child's, and I are flying out tomorrow to my inlaws' vacay house, where difficult child has been for almost 3 weeks. We will be there 3 weeks (husband has to work so he's coming back home next week then flying back out for the 3rd week).

I am absolutely dreading difficult child coming home. I know it's not as bad as some of you guys because at least she's not violent toward anyone, but she tends to create such a drama-filled, unhealthy, unpleasant dynamic at home, and I don't know how to change that. The time without her here has been refreshingly calm and peaceful.

I've just really been struggling with my own mental health lately, and she makes it so much worse. We did finally figure out what was wrong with easy child 1 though - he had mono! He's still not 100%, but he's a lot better. That has helped some.

I desperately want for things to be calm and peaceful around here, and I'm almost feeling panicky about her coming home, esp. since my inlaws won't be around as backup. She's repeating the 8th grade at a new school in August, and big changes like that invariably set her off.

*sigh* Better get packing...

llamafarm

I know that feeling of difficult child returning home. It is so hard. Thinking of you. Enjoy the time on vacation (if it will even feel that way).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Too late to run huh? DRATS.

How about meeting her at the door in one of Susie* outfits? Black robe, dark eye makeup and pseudo - satanic ritual stuff strewn all over the house - (really I think it was Target stuff from Halloween) rofl.

Just kinda let her know what could happen.......chicken feet over the bedroom door .........-You'd have to ask Susie but it was hysterical. And scary - VERY scary. I think the neighbors moved.

InsaneCdn

The back story? I think that's a hundred miles long and goes back for years and years, but if you go look up Janet's original threads about Buck, you'll get some of it.