Resume help!!! PLEASE!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've been working for almost 40 years and I've never had an objective on my resume. I write my objective in my cover letter so it can be personalized for each job/application. It's never hurt my job search.

I also have more than one resume. Depending upon what kind of job I've applied for, I've emphasized different things in the different resumes.

Suz

meowbunny

The general comment is "to find a position reflecting my abilities" or something equally as vague. I'm with Suz, unless it is an online form that forces me to put in an objective, I leave it out of the resume and add specific comments to the letter.

Lothlorien

To find a challenging position that will effectively use my talents in ____ and skills as a _____, as well as my years of experience in ____

Edit as needed.

trinityroyal

Suz and Meowbunny make a good point. In my work I deal with a lot of recruiting and HR people, and they say that the objective is almost always too vague to give them a clear idea of what the person can do.

Instead of an objective, you might want to try a skill summary. List each skill with a few descriptive bullet points. Since so many companies use automated filters to scan resumes for keywords, a skill summary will help your resume to land in the "keep" pile.

Try to find out what the industry standard terms are for the key skills in your field, and then be sure to include them in your summary.

If you would like more information, please feel free to PM me.

All the best with your job search.
Trinity