Riders on the Storm

everywoman

Star, I'm so sorry. If you want the name of my connection in Lexington I'll be glad to pm it to you. It didn't help my difficult child a lot, but at least I can stand having him in the house now...She may not be able to help, but could know someone who could.
Big hug, a shoulder to cry on, and an ear to listen...

On_Call

Star,

Glad to see you back, but not so glad to hear everything you've been through lately. Adding my hugs and good vibes that this situation works out much sooner than later.

slsh

member since 1999
Was wondering if you'd fallen off the face of the earth - sounds like it might have been a better alternative???

So very very sorry to hear Dude is still at it. I'm even more sorry to hear that it's continuing to take such a wicked toll on your health.

You still maintain your priceless wit, and that's a huge positive in my book. I think that dark humor may possibly be the best indicator of a parent surviving these long difficult child treks.

Glad to see you, so very glad, and sending you many gentle hugs (squeezing tighter than usual for your skinny self). :kisses:

Marguerite

"No one else on the board likes puns like you and me" - Oi, Kathy - I LOVE puns. I agree with Asimov - puns are the highest form of humour! Have you read "Shah Guido G."? He was a very naughty boy...

Star, you lift our lives, even when we think nothing can drag us out of the crud.

Marg

PS - A shirt I saw tonight, said, "I LIKE MARGE" - and the next shirt read, "I can't tell the difference!"

scent of cedar

:smile:

It is good to know you are back with us, Star. While we can't help you cope with the day to day, we CAN help you feel a little stronger.

Maybe even stronger enough.

Barbara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Everywoman....pm that to me please. Thanks a load.

Speaking of load.....I mean....this kid. Maybe it's the part of my sanity that has ran away with the spoon or could be that I'm genetically predisposed to laugh when things get too overwhelming.

I spent our last therapy session somewhere between laughing out loud and biting my tongue. NO not at the same time- that would make me sound like Precious Pup. Remember that cartoon dog that had that sneaky laugh? Yeah that one. I'll tell ya'll if I get ANY stronger. I believe God never gives you more than you can handle. With that said, I'm looking for my heavenly tiara to be so heavy I'll just have to wear a blinking sign over my halo that says "See my tiara, laiden with jewels at the museum of tough Moms." And it will be there next to my rhino skin suit and broken CD board mug.

Remember those little sayings on shirts: Heaven doesn't want me and Heck is afraid I'll take over? Yeah...(said while nodding with both eyes left, looking up to the corner of my room) I am beginning to think that since I was already married to Satan, survived, got out and lived to get my kid and go on...that HE has plans for me. But what? I did the Rick Warren study series and everyone else left the room going "Well I know what on earth I am here for." and I left thinking "I still don't have a clue, did anyone else get indigestion from that spaghetti sauce?" Did I miss it again? I wasn't paying at the right time and I got an extra helping of (echoing voice saying) YOU will have 3 more years of hardship.

(exhale) purse lips, twist face and try to find the humor in it all. Modern Day Job...that's what I should have made my new name out to be, cause I'm telling ya. Job? No offense but God didn't love you as much as he loves me otherwise YOU would have raised this kid. Shhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeez.

Thanks for the encouragement. And the love. I need a hug. I need a strong seamstress and a cape. Why the seamstress? Have you seen me lately? Do you honestly think I'd fit into my Wonderwoman costume looking like this?

And now the dresser is an ironing board. ??? Laughing like a hyenna.

Hugs
Star