Right choice

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Tho I still feel guilty and question my ability/motive/intent/self/whatever, difficult child has had 3 periods of being extremely hyper today. The rest of the time he's played in the living room, occassionally watching tv. He hasn't even turned on a light.
He has not asked to go anywhere, to have anyone come play, hasn't even asked for me to play with him.
He NEEDED some down time.

slsh

member since 1999
Most definitely, moms know. Good job, Shari. I must admit, it never would've occurred to me to keep thank you home when he was revving up, but in hindsight, there were probably days when it would've been a good idea.

You're a very smart lady!!

tammyjh

Sounds like he needed some alone time. Probably would have overstimulated him to have to be around everyone at school. Good choice and I'm glad he had a calmer day:D

susiestar

Roll With It
I have it in my thank you's 504 that I can keep him home at anytime he is overstimulated in a sensory way. Some days he just CAN'T cope, and it is pointless to ask. He usually acts much like your son did.

Mom's KNOW!!

Good job!

Susie

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
So glad you kept him home!! Glad for him that he was able to get what he needed - always go from the gut! Way To Go!!!
-Dara

SaraT

I'm with the rest, good job mom. We know our kids best and our gut tells us when they need alone time.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - When I suggested this at Dudes 2nd IEP meeting - the teachers and principal ALL nearly jumped up out of their chairs and said -

YOU CAN KEEP HIM HOME????????? YES!!!!! (a resounding nod) lol

You can have it written into the IEP also - just remember to call the school and NOT NOT NOT NEVER allow difficult child to discern which day he stays home - or it will soon become ALL OF THEM. lol

Hugs
GOOD JOB SHARI WARRIOR!!!!!:peaceful: