risperadol needle

therese005us

Does anyone have a child who has to have the needle fortnightly like my ds? Just would like to know if I'm alone dealing with what I perceive to be 'symptoms' of this.... For example, is it my imagination or does DS get a little agitated, moody etc a day or two beforehand because he's waiting on it? I'll post more if there are others out there with similar...

therese005us

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by needle phobia, phobia is an aversion to, (he doesn't like needles), I was wondering myself whether it is wearing off just before he needs the next one... he is usually more settled after it.

I find he isn't as cooperative near needle time, sometimes surly or aggressive in his manner.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds more like it's wearing off before it's time for the next injection. Has his dosage been reviewed recently? Maybe it's time for a bump up?

mstang67chic

Going Green
My difficult child just recently started getting these every two weeks. I haven't really noticed anything but then again, he has his snotty stages anyway and there's no real pattern to them. However, he missed an injection appointment and when I called to get him in they stressed doing it that day because he was "on borrowed time". So, it could be the shot wearing off and it could be him...or both. Oh and by the way....difficult child did mention that the shot hurts so that could factor in too.

therese005us

Yes, if we forget to book the appointment (we usually do it the same day) then sometimes it is hard to get in. so he has to have oral medication until we can. He doesn't like the oral medication either!!
These were just queries. At the moment, he seems settled and stable in his behaviour. Today he was a bit arrogant... but it could be because he's got the flu and just being grumpy.

does it make any of your children extra thirsty? my ds seems to drink a lot... i would like to get a blood test for diabetes, but he just doesn't like needles at all!