***Robby***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
You didn't really think you could appear out of nowhere again without updating us, did you?

So spill it, girlfriend. :wink:

What's new?

Hugs,
Suz

DDD

LOL....I thought I had missed her reemergence post! Gee it is so
nice to see her again.....even if just for an occasional post!
Can we get any update Robby?? DDD

gottaloveem

count me in for thinking the same thing! OK Robby, I read in your signature that C is back. I am glad about that. I hope all is well and also look forward to your "official" update.

Lia

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I was thinking the same thing, too! Really great to see you again Robby :salute: Please fill us in when you can.

Peace

Coookie

You all are so funny... :rofl:

To be perfectly honest... I didn't want everyone to think that I just appeared because difficult child is back. :frown: I didn't want people to think I was a fair weather friend. :frown: I was hoping to just meld in. :smile: But you deserve an update. So here goes. :smile:

About Me: I have been working at the MSP Airport for about 8 months now, in a Sterling Silver Jewelry store on the Main Concourse... and I love it. :smile: I work a lot of hours and talk has it that I will be managing my own store soon. :smile: I've changed a lot since difficult child was away for 9 months and it is a good change. :smile:

husband is doing well although Thursday we found out he might have a tumor in his ear so we are having that checked out and holding good thoughts. We celebrated our 18th anniversary in September and are still going strong. :smile:

A tree fell on our house in August, due to a storm. A 52yo Maple tree. :frown: Went through the picture window and landed on the roof. Spent a couple of days chasing dragon flies out of the house and $10,000 later the house is back to normal. I was very lucky as I had fallen asleep on the couch, not far from the picture window. :smile:

Now to difficult child... His stay in Arizona was not a pleasant one.. for all concerned down there. His brother kicked him out approximately 2 months after he got there.. because of his attitude.. we were told. He then went to live with his bio-mom who he had just met after 17years (and disliked immensly)... I spoke to him on the phone and she was swearing at me in the background... such a lady dontchaknow.

Anyway, difficult child had his alcohol, and drugs, supplied by her and her boyfriend and developed quite the habit, she even went with him to buy a bong. :frown: They were evicted and were living out of hotels, a few of them. :frown: She stole money from him and he took her needles (she is a diabetic) to sell on the streets. :frown:

He called husband in the middle of December and said: "Dad, you were right.. can I please come home?" husband called me at work and we decided to give him another chance.. knowing full well the extent of what we might be dealing with. He came home on December 16th, with an attitude of gratitude and has been filling out multiple applications and checking out different schools. husband and I have been watching for signs of drug use and withdrawal and have seen none.

husband and I are not stupid enought to think that there will be no problems but like I have said earlier... we will have no problem showing him the door and helping him through it if need be. :smile:

So there you have it. I could type a lot more but difficult child is in the vicinity and .. well... you all know what that means when you are typing on the board. :smile:

I just love you guys..

Hugs

DDD

Fingers crossed. I'm DElighted that you and husband have detached
and moved on. It will be awesome if difficult child can join the family as
a productive member. Sending hugs. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Robby, it would be wonderful if seeing a grown up version (biomom) of the lifestyle he was moving towards has shaken him enough to want to make some permanent changes.

Fingers crossed and big hugs,
Suz

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
:flower: Welcome back, Cookie. :warrior: It's great to see you in any kind of weather! Sorry to hear of difficult child's trials & tribulations. His biomom sounds like a real winner. Eeeek. :nonono: I think it's a good sign that he realizes he should be around people who truly care for him.

Peace

DammitJanet

Hey there girl!

Maybe C got it out of his system what he was chasing all that time and now he can settle down. I hope so. It sounds like a promising start.

While you were gone "our boy" has gotten married and had a baby! LOL. He is still up in Virginia and has a job he loves there. Its in my signature. He has asked about you guys a few times.

Now I have two little girls to spoil. Jamies daughter was born on Tony and my anniversary...lol.

witzend

It all sounds very hopeful, Robbie. You're right, it's amazing how much your own life can turn around when they move out, isn't it?

Kathy813

Staff member
Robby,

It's so good to see you back. I hope that your difficult child has finally seen the light and is on the way to a wonderful future.

My difficult child has done some growing up, too. She actually went back to college and did very well last semester (3.5 GPA). She is currently living on her own, delivering pizza for a living, and going to school fulltime. Things aren't perfect by any means, though (see my thread).

Let's keep all of our fingers and toes crossed that our difficult children are really growing up (which took long enough) and are finally on the right path.

I missed you.

~Kathy

susiestar

Roll With It
Robby,

I am SO happy to hear from you. Your job sounds like it is becoming a full-blown career -Way To Go!!!

Thank you so much for the mystery shopping info you gave me. I have been doing some and having a lot of FUN!

I hope C has decided to get his act together, sounds like he is on the road.

Hugs to you, C, and Mr. Cookie!

Susie

Coookie

Thank you all for the welcome back. :smile:

There does seem to be some changes in difficult child. Good ones.. helping around the house and almost a real concern for husband and I. I realize this may be the honeymoon period.. we all know what that is like.. but .. I'm hoping with everything I have that it is a true change. :thumb:

If not we will deal with what we have to deal with I guess. :frown:

I have been trying to catch up on everyone's difficult children and life. It is good to be back among friends. :smile:

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhhh COOOKIE!!!!

Yes, I meant to say something when I saw the cookie monster -and then saw this postof Suz' that said Robby and thought - Robby, I don't know any Robby - so I skipped it.

Then cat like curiosities got ahold of me - and I thought I think I remember - but brain is so bad any more and then I see COOOOKIE and thought -(Slap head) THERE she is.

So haha on me - I'm just enjoying the onset of memory loss more and more each...da dayyyy day, every minute.

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK

Wiped Out

Staff member
So glad you are back! Glad to hear you are enjoying your job!!!!

I'm glad things are going well with C at home. I hope he is able to find a job soon!!!!

Lothlorien

So glad to see you back! I've been thinking bout cha!

Sorry about your house. What a disaster. I'm sure glad that no one was hurt though.

I hope difficult child has really changed and realized that the home you and husband gave him was a good one and full of love.

Sending hugs!

SunnyFlorida

Hi ya Robby:
Been pretty AWOL myself these days. Jest peaking in today and oh so many changes. Really glad to hear that difficult child is back and doing......ok. You on the other hand sound great. Sounds like you and husband got over that hump....the one that I feel husband and I are certainly on :(. That gives me great hope.

I'll be checking in.