Rocket pony.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yesterday, the SpEd teacher was out, so I was home with Wee.
BEAUTIFUL day. Sunny and 70-ish. Wonderful.
After lunch, we saddled up the horses and rode to town to play in the park (Nerf guns hanging out of saddle bags, foam swords tied to the cantles...had to be a sight).
We just got Wee's little horse in late October, and the winter has been so nasty that we haven't messed with him much. So I was watching a little closer to make sure he didn't spook at anything since we don't know him well yet.
We passed blowing walmart bags, lots of litter, random markings painted on the ground where new underground wire is being run. We met school busses and tractors, a utility truck with a very rattly bucket, motorcycles and four wheelers. We passed children on skateboards and bicycles, dogs. screaming children leaving school. All sorts of "boogeymen" that could startle a horse. Wee's horse was rock solid. Didn't notice a thing.
Til he farted.
That little horse let a little toot and dang near jumped out of his skin! He leaped forward a few steps til Wee stopped him. Didn't phase Wee any, but we sure did laugh about it.
Wee now says his horse has turbo boosters. He just doesn't know where the button is.:tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Proud of Wee!!!!!

Cherry Dr Pepper all over my screen, though. Is the horse's name Pretty PaTOOTie???

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Of course he's flex fuel! Hay, grain, carrots, apples, Snickers, granola bars....whatever. He's not picky. Likes Kool-aid, too.

Kinda funny about his name, too. When we bought him, his name was Rasta (pronounced raw-stuh), but Wee just couldn't hang onto that name, so he called him Rascal. Yesterday, he thought perhaps Rocket was a better name - Rasta, Rascal, Rocket...they're all right there together....

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Too funny. Horses are gassy beings due to diet and the way their digestive tract works. Since they are anatomically unable to burp (can't vomit either), all that gas has to come out the other end.

I've seen tiny foals spook after farting, but this is the first time I've heard of an adult horse doing it