Rough couple of days but...

tiredmommy

its been better overall.

It's been a stressful few weeks with state testing and auditions. Plus girl drama. Plus hives & asthma. And, well, it is life with Duckie so it really never is dull. ;)

Her teacher had substitutes the last two days. Duckie came home Tuesday very upset because that day's sub was very loud. She was quite stressed out and difficult. She even had a few mini meltdowns over the course of the evening. And she was talkative. Very, very talkative.

She was pretty sure it wouldn't be the same sub on Wednesday, which was really good news. But, she was so talkative that she forgot her morning allergy medications before getting on the bus. I tried calling the class to set up a time for me to bring them in, no answer. So I went in at lunch. I gave her the medications in the nurse's office and offered to brush her and do joint compressions... she enthusiastically agreed!

She's still difficult from Tuesday and still talkative. Which makes her move like molasses (everything else stops when she talks) but she is coming out of this episode quicker, I think.

I'll take it.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
TM--

Sounds like despite all the problems, there's good news as well...

I'm glad to hear that she is coming out of these episodes more quickly!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hooray for using the tools!

Even though its been tough, I agree, you've seen some growth here, and that's AWESOME!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TM, I still do not count on kt to take her own medications. I have a clock set with alarms in the kitchen & on my computer to "remind" kt to take her medications. medication boxes are set up for 2 weeks at a time ~ we refill after one week is taken.

I'm glad the sensory tools seem to help. Do you have a sensory box at home? I recently set up a new one for kt ~ I take 10 lbs of the cheapest rice I can find & fill it with other dried beans. kt has & is today, spending hours sorting out the beans & burying her hands in all that stuff. Just a thought for rough days, weeks.

TerryJ2

Whew! Glad you're over the worst of it.
I hope things calm down even more this weekend.
I'm glad that she was into the compressions and brushing. Way To Go!!!

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. I had to laugh when I asked her about doing the Wilbarger protocol at school and she laughed and said I could come to school any day for that. Another thing I've noticed is that Duckie is much more touch-friendly lately. She often reaches out for a hug now whereas she seldom wanted that sort of contact before. :)