rough like sand paper

SuZir

I will plant this spring's first seeds to my vegetable garden today so mine is that moment when you dig your hands to dirt first time at spring and know that summer will come again and a new will grow.

Dixies_fire

Suzir that's a nice one. Ready for spring to get here finally and summer is a nice dream. Still cold here most days.

Calamity Jane yum! That is all

Here's another, sinking into a bed going immediately to sleep and waking up on your own with no alarm.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Being upstairs and my granddaughter is downstairs in her bedroom and she suddenly bursts out laughing in that kind of giggling that is so pure and spontaneous...........it always makes my heart sing...........

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Making my youngest giggle... And the 10-minute baby snuggle I get every morning before work.

And CJ... I WANT SOME OF THAT CANNOLI!

Dixies_fire

Another one, hugs from the three year old "I love you mommy"

Clean sheets don't know why they are so special but they are.

Thunder storms and sleeping

Jody

Getting to go home after a day of work and jump in the bed immediately. Watch tv, read a book, snooze whatever and have no demands on your time.

Going home and having my dog be so happy to see me.

Tulips, they are beautiful.

First bite of my homegrown tomatoes, and red peppers for free.

Seeing easy child's smiling face after being gone for awhile at college. (she comes home this Saturday).

nerfherder

So, I have a couple things and an old vaudeville joke to share.

1. Plants in the garden. My greenhouse lettuce is looking amazing.

2. Today I made the two youngest Baby Vikings, 6 y.o. girl and 2 y.o. girl, their very own "cellphones" from a couple of wood scraps and a permanent marker. Best Toy Ever!

3. While I was digging out a railroad tie fencepost, The Littlest Baby Viking found a pretty rock in the dirt pile. She learned a new word today, "House!" So the fencepost was "House!" because it's going to be part of the walls of the new rabbit house. The trailer cottage is "House!" The main house is "House!" The chicken coop is "House!"

So I drew her a simple line drawing of the house, and she was ecstatic! I then engraved a simpler version of the drawing onto the pretty rock she found, and that was "House!"

That was also a mistake. The pile of rocks she wants me to make into "House!" is in the house, and is growing. Oh you 2 year old.

And finally, the joke:

A man and a dog walk into a talent agency. The man says "Mister, this dog is amazing! He talks! You need a talking dog act! Here, listen!"

He turns to the dog.

"Dog, what's on the top of a house?"

"Roof!"

"Good boy! Dog, what's sandpaper feel like?"

"Rough!!!"

"Fantastic! You are amazing! Who was the best baseball player ever?"

"RUTH!!!"

The talent manager has them both given the ol' heave ho. So they're sitting on the curb, looking dejected. The man looks down at the dog, the dog looks up at the man, sighs, and asks "DiMaggio?"

L

Liahona

Cherub. Just everything about her. Busters very mischievous grin before he takes off running. Sleep. difficult child 2 coming up and hugging me. His excitement to learn.

Dixies_fire

Had another emotionally exhausting day, so I feel the need of a few more "favorite things"

Buying a book that I've been waiting for awhile, and being left alone to read in peace.

Being hugged when you're sad

Being kissed for no reason

Hugs from the kids, snuggling with the baby.

Sleeping through the night!

Coffee really good coffee

nerfherder

It's helping a bit. Just having a really rough time.

Yeah.

Sometimes I just go and sit with the baby goats. Not so much babies now. The boys who still have their dangly bits are feeling their oats, the girls are starting to get their shyness going. "My" girl Bunny, whose mom died of old age last year, still misses her and comes to me for comfort. Sometimes just her pressing her little head against my leg, asking for scritches and comfort, makes me feel a little better.

(She's at least half large goat/Boer x Nubian, her dad was an obnoxious pygmy, but she's got fully expressed Caprine Achondroplasia, which isn't the problem it is in humans. She's stocky with really short legs, tiny spiky horns, and just the sweetest thing and a great mom.)

And cheering you up is pretty important on rough days, so here's a picture of a baby goat in a chihuahua sweater. Baby Maybe just went to her Forever Home a couple days ago, with her half-brother Checkers. Baby Maybe was a few days premature, couldn't get up to nurse, so we just pulled her and kept her on the bottle, thinking "Well, MAYBE she'll make it." And she did!

babymaybe.jpg