Rough Morning

M

ML

Ok well it actually started last night. Manster and I took his friend R's mom out for her 40th birthday to a sushi place. It was R, her mom T and older sister J.

R likes to instigate and manster is highly sensitive, sometimes a bad combination. Anyway, R sat next to me and manster was upset and they fought till manster gave in like always. I didn't think it was a big deal. But R and I shared a meal and overall it wasn't as bad as those restaurant outings used to be.

Well on the way home all I heard was how I liked R more than him, I shared food with her, made comments about how nice she was, etc. which he takes and insults against him somehow. I guess most kids, especially our kids are pretty self absorbed lol. He was mad and let me know it.

This morning he started back on it. How I obviously like R more than him, he hates sharing the people in his life, life is so unfair to him etc. A real meltdown. As we neared school (this was in the car) he pulled it together because he didn't want anyone to see him cry and make fun of him.

A lot of days go by and I question whether he really has AS and then days like today remind me. I'm scared as I think about his navigating the world some day. But all I can do is take it one day at a time and give the rest over to my HP.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I"m sorry you had such a rough morning. IT breaks my heart when I hear difficult child say how no one loves him and he wishes he were normal so others would like him. Its hard.

Many hugs.

Janna

It's so black and white. That's what it sounds like. D's the same way in many ways. And, no - no sharing.

I'm sorry he doesn't get it. I hope he's over it now.

Jena

hi i'm sorry your morning was rough, and yup difficult child does the same thing. i cna't look at another kid with-o getting the nasty comments from her. these kids have no filtering process they really don't. their soo soo sensitive. right?

he knows deep down you love him.

((((hugs)))

TerryJ2

Sigh. So sorry.

Reading your note, it just occurred to me that the reason my difficult child is not intent upon getting easy child back home with-us is that now he has us all to himself. Hmmm.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh....this sounds so familiar. Our difficult children struggle so when we show positive emotions toward children other than themselves. It's so hard for them to share us & yet the next minute they are screaming how much they hate us & hope we die.

Take all this with a grain of salt if you can. Thank your difficult child for sharing his feelings & go about your day. It really shortens the meltdown & saves me a great deal of emotional energy.

I hope today is a much better day for you & your difficult child.

tiredmommy

Duckie does this too. It breaks my heart because a little part of me is concerned that she thinks this way because of her behavior and I would prefer a different child than her. It makes me sad that she's so insecure that she thinks I would trade her. So I just reassure her and point out all the times the other mom's are nice to her too.

I hope today is easier for you and manster.