Royal Wedding - too much!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I remember seeing part of Charles & Di's wedding in 1981. I was in California on summer vaca with my then-BFF, her dad and her stepmom.

...I oughta ask her if she remembers that!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad it's not just me.

I was done with it the moment they announced it. lol I was like, so what?? Same with Charles and Diana. Phht.

They can be grand all they want and that's nice..........but waaaaaay too much to do over it.

DammitJanet

I have to admit, I adored Diana. I cried for days when she died. I always felt close to them because she had her William around the same time I had my William and then her Harry was born the same year as Jamie. I know...call me silly...lol. I watched their wedding, I watched those little boys in their little prince outfits, I tried to dress mine the same way. I cried through the funeral, my family at my side. They actually bought me a copy of Candle in the Wind...lol. Yes we will be watching the wedding. Its the day before Billy's birthday!

Cory even knows it is happening and he is pretty oblivious to worldly happenings. Of course, Cory has been touched by a real Knight. Sir Elton John!

muttmeister

As far as their killing time and making up stuff, it seems like that is what a lot of TV is now. Since we have 24 hour news on multiple channels, they spend a lot of time on fluff. On a busy news day it is great that we can tune in and see what happens but, lets face it, there are quite a few days when not that much goes on and they have to stretch and a lot of the stuff gets pretty silly. This is just more of the same. Most of the time, they could tell us the real news and be done in 15 minutes and we could get on to something else. But I do like Wills and Kate better than a lot of the other garbage I see as I channel surf.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hey Dash............ http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/b...-_-2aa830694b5646cc87036027267321c0&ms=search

Suz :liberty:

donna723

I'm sure I will watch it and enjoy it. What I don't enjoy though is all the stupid stuff leading up to it on every channel! Every TV show has had to jump on the bandwagon and have big segments on it for the last several weeks! They just beat it to death until you're sick of it before it even happens. They have whole shows where the "experts" talk about what they think her dress will be like, or how they think she will wear her hair or even what shoes she will wear. They're making a big deal out of hats because the English ladies wear hats! They have even had whole segments showing all the goofy souveniers you can buy! Just like everything else these days, they completely overdo it.

Andy

Love the Oriental Trading tiaras!!! However, if you can not get one shipped in time no worry check out these two places:

A party store in the princess section for girl parties (or like a near by one a halloween section may be set up and have one) or........... (my favorite for the price alone!)........................

Burger King!!! Turn the crown inside out and decorate to your hearts content. You can splurge on some stick on gems and perhaps some fabric scraps from a hobby store.
:liberty:
(please excuse me for duplicating this smilie - I can't find another one with a tiara)

H

HaoZi

I have vague recollections of Diana's weddings. I've had crumpets and clotted cream at high tea in a house that Henry VIII bought for one of his wives (forget which one, the guy that collected pigs lived there when we went and him and his family did this for tourists and all, then we met his neighbor's cat and discovered his neighbor was from a town about 5 hours from where we lived, small world and all that). I am tired of all the hoopla over the wedding, though.

rlsnights

For the tried and true Anglophile, here's a link to a wholesale trading company that offers a replica of Princess Di's Cambridge Love Knot Tiara the Queen gave her as a wedding present. Only $69.99

http://www.ewholesaletiaras.com/mall/product.php?productid=16529&cat=317&page=1

I am just so glad it is not me - I get tetchy when I have to stand still and smile for hours on end and listen to talking heads while lights are glaring in my face....

I am also glad I do not live anywhere near the wedding festivities - can you imagine the traffic?

And the tension OMG - what if you trip on your train????

But I will enjoy the pageantry from afar - but probably not at 1 am.

Best wishes to them both. I sincerely hope their marriage is happy and blessed.

Patricia

Marguerite

Since we have 24 hour news on multiple channels, they spend a lot of time on fluff.

There's fluff; and there's dust bunnies. And then there's the manufactured crud. I'll be happy to watch the actual wedding (as we watched Charles & Di's) but the pre-amble is getting to me. It's like election coverage in the last few days - we have a moratorium on that in Australia. I wish we had a similar moratorium on royal wedding crud in the few days before.

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You can also go to Hot Topic in the Mall, or many of the cheapie jewelry stores like Claire's or the Icing for a tiara of plastic... Onyxx had about 30 of them at one time or another.

I would only observe, that there are an awful lot of people posting on this and other bb's about how silly it is that all those other people are going gaga over this wedding.

Nancy

I'm rather enjoying it myself. I watched Diana's and Fergie's wedding and I even canceled two appointments for tomorrow so I can watch. But now I realized I have to bring my car into the dealer so I'll be setting my DVR. husband asked me if I was setting the alarm for 4 a.m. to watch. Lol he knows me!

Nancy

Marguerite

OK, we just watched the wedding. Not much option, but I was happy to watch it. my problem was not the wedding itself, but the media build-up, the silly interviews with manufactured news. Really, really bad. The real thing - that was fine. Quite enjoyed it, really. A good thing I was ok with watching it - our TV was wall to wall non-stop royal wedding for the whole 2 hours. All except one station - football. I pass.

Interestingly - it was on at a very civilised time for us - 7.30 pm.

Mind you, on the subject of fashions - did anyone else think that a lot of those hats all in the abbey looked like satellite dishes?

Marg

lovemysons

Yes Marg...do see what you're saying about satellite dishes. Also the sideways hats remind me of one holding their hand up to their face as if to tell a secret. Do you see what I mean?

Tammy