Rv, life update, Jumper update, whats up with you??

BusynMember

Thought I would start a "how we are doing" thread. I know I cant be the only one with new stuff happening.

1. We bought an awesome 36 foot Class A motorhome. Great price. Looks like new. Hub and I will start to travel Jan. 2018. I cant wait!

2. We are going to buy land with a small house or mobile home in a resort town in Wisconsin. Getting a cheap boat too and living near a few lakes. I love it there. We were going to look this year but are putting it off until next spring. We eill pay cash and have few bills when in Wisconsin and it csn be a summer home for the kids.

3. Jumper and fiance are buying land snd building a house on it. We are gifting them the land. The two are very excited. Wedding will be in Aug. 2019.

4. Sonic doing well without a guardian.

Only negative is I am not liking my job anymore. Thinking of quitting to get into a Foster Grandparent program. No income, but you get a stipend and travel reimbursement. I would be working with school children.

Thanks for reading. Would love to hear about you!

Last edited:

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
All sounds good SWOT.

My company announced they are moving to the East Shore of Alabama. They offered me a good relocation package so we may go. Sick of the Chicago winters! Don't have to decide until March 2018 and move sometime before March 2019. I will most likely be assisting the President of our company when we move. His current gal is retiring. We are seriously considering this but will keep a place here to return after we retire if we so choose. Older boys are fine with it. They both are settled here and live with girlfriends. I am ready to live near the ocean which is my happy place.

Son doing well in long term (faith based) rehab. Sounds really good thus far. Even says he wants to continue going to church when he graduates in 13 months. We will see him for the first time December 16. We are very relieved and cautiously optimistic! We think this is just what the doctor ordered...oh yes and the man upstairs!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Nothing new and exciting. We have planned a much needed respite to Mexico in December. It will help stave off the holiday sadness.

KTMom91

Hubby and I are doing well. Work's going well, we've had major car trouble that's left us down to one car. That was fine when I was off this summer, but we've been juggling now that school's started. Should be able to have it fixed soon, though.

Miss KT and her Hubby are still living with his folks, still saving for the down payment on a house. They're in a metro area, so prices (and down payments) are considerably higher than they are here. Miss KT loves her job, and her Hubby recently started working as an electrician. My grand-dog is very well loved and spoiled.

Son #2 and K, and the grands, are busy busy, and are fine as well. Maddie is in second grade already! Charlie is in preschool. I can't believe how big they're getting.

Son #1 is also busy. He's a union electrician, so when there's work, it's long days, and when there isn't, he works on his house.

Our sweet Buddy will be 18 in January, if he makes it that long. He's still eating and pooping, mediating feline disagreements, and barking at the people as they go by. He's stiff and slow, so we're doing our best to keep him healthy and comfortable.

No trips in the immediate future planned. My mom and I want to go up and see Miss KT and her Hubby, but are not sure when we're going. Hubby and I have decided to take several long weekends this spring rather than one longer vacation.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Today's my first day back at work after a week at Disney World with my parents, Bill, and Rose. It was a VERY busy week, but memories - !!!

Long story about Belle and Wyatt... I'll update over in PE.

pigless in VA

I sold my house in the city. Our closing date is December 15, so I have to move all my crap out by then. Sorting through the memories has been emotionally taxing.

We love living at the farm. We love living in the small town.

I am working as a substitute teacher and meeting lots of new people. I actually like it, although sometimes it can be rather dull. It was decidedly not dull on Monday when I had to wake a room full of sleeping preschoolers for a fire drill. I only had to tote one kid outside, so I considered it a win.

SO was working at the local cidery. When they press the apples outside, it attracts a ton of yellow jackets. SO was getting multiple stings daily. Last week, he got one sting too many and went into anaphylactic shock. He got immediate care and is now okay.

Candy is doing well at the new school. Ferb is not doing well at college. His grades are tanking. I have to make an attempt to talk to him about it, but I doubt it will help.

FlowerGarden

I retired this year but work as a sub to get me out of the house at times. Selling our house which I am finding frustrating. Keep your fingers crossed that we find a buyer real soon please! Our difficult son has been doing pretty good. Has issues with budgeting his money. Used to always want to move away with us when we first started talking about retiring. Now he has plans of getting an apartment and staying. I am nervous because he doesn't make much money but it is the next step in life for him to take. I'm proud of the decision he has made.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I sold my house in the city. Our closing date is December 15, so I have to move all my crap out by then. Sorting through the memories has been emotionally taxing.

We love living at the farm. We love living in the small town.

I am working as a substitute teacher and meeting lots of new people. I actually like it, although sometimes it can be rather dull. It was decidedly not dull on Monday when I had to wake a room full of sleeping preschoolers for a fire drill. I only had to tote one kid outside, so I considered it a win.

SO was working at the local cidery. When they press the apples outside, it attracts a ton of yellow jackets. SO was getting multiple stings daily. Last week, he got one sting too many and went into anaphylactic shock. He got immediate care and is now okay.

Candy is doing well at the new school. Ferb is not doing well at college. His grades are tanking. I have to make an attempt to talk to him about it, but I doubt it will help.

Congratulations on the house sale and glad Candy is doing well at school. commiserations on Ferb; we do our best and the rest is up to them.