Sad for easy child 2/difficult child

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child 2/difficult child has never been allowed to have friends over at her mom's house. Her mom's reaction to us allowing her to have a slumber party for her birthday last year was to allow her to have 2 friends spend the night at a birthday party at mom's this year. easy child 2/difficult child was very excited, even tho she was somewhat irked over only being allowed 2 guests.

The step-siblings are there on the same weekends that easy child 2/difficult child is there, so we switched weekends so she could have the party. The party was this past Saturday.

I know the first two girls that easy child 2/difficult child invited didn't go because it was at her mother's and the parents (and the girls) don't like her mother. Both girls had the option to go, tho, and neither wanted to. So easy child 2/difficult child invited 2 more girls (I don't know these girls). Neither of them showed up.

She spent the day of her birthday party building a chicken coop and watching movies by herself.

Guess this means its likely we'll be having the party next year. Ugh. Oh well, better I have to put up with 8 screaming girls than for a repeat of this.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Onyxx never had this issue... But for Jett's 10th birthday we invited his WHOLE football team. 5 showed up. He had a good time, but it was interesting that the mother of one child Jett didn't like decided THE DAY BEFORE THE PARTY she was having a pizza party. ALL the boys went to that. Whatever.

I've had birthday parties like that, too. It hoovers. I'll do almost anything to make sure it doesn't happen to my kids.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, I guess grandma went and made it up to her by buying her a new Ipod. Yay, grandma. Cause material **** makes up for friends, doesn't it? (gee, the family motto)

Sorry.

I feel awful for her, but I do hope she sees the connection. She hoped to have a party at mom's and a party at our house, and we shot that down quickly. And I also know the 2 girls that didn't go have told her why. I hope she uses that info to make better decisions about herself. But I ain't holding my breath.

Poor kid.

KTMom91

We've always had that problem with Miss KT's parties. Her birthday always falls on the weekend before school starts, when people are busy, and she hasn't seen school friends in three months, summer friends don't know her that well, and she manages to tick people off so they don't stay friends for long...I agree, it's sad, but I haven't been able to find a solution.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Not bad, realistic.

For Miss KT - same thing happens with Jett - his birthdayis mid August. So... Sometimes we wait until September for the party. He doesn't mind!