Sad news.

Abbey

Spork Queen
We just got news today that J's mom was killed in a hit and run accident on Tuesday. We're still trying to find out the details. She was a bit of a sketch person...lived on the streets, drugs, etc. She'd tear you down in a street fight...no questions asked. He hasn't seen or heard from her in a good 10+ years.

The sad thing is he always longed for her, yet she never brought him up. They had this strange love/hate relationship. I'd take him over to visit and get a call an hour later to pick him up even though he was supposed to spend the day. Yet, she was still mom. I know he wanted so much more. I know it must have been very painful for him to know mom was 10 minutes away but didn't care to be with him.

The ultimate sad thing is J has been AWOL for many months now. We don't even know how to get in touch with him with the news.

May she rest in peace and J can handle yet another struggle in his life.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aw Abbey, I'm so sorry for J. I'll say a prayer you all can find him to give him the awful news and that he can manage to deal with it.

Hugs

everywoman

I'm so sorry for J. My oldest has not seen his bio dad in over 10 years and they live in the same city. My son has talked about locating him just have closure and so he doesn't have any regrets when the man dies. I think that regardless of how rotten a person is as a parent, it does affect their children when they die. I know I spent my whole adult life trying to build a relationship with my biodad---when he died I had no regrets about my actions.

Nancy

What tragic news Abbey, on several levels. I understand all about his longing for her and her not being able to handle her own life let alone be there for J. That is what my difficult child is living through now and it is so sad for them.

I hope J is safe and he can work through this loss.

Nancy

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
How sad Abbey - am sorry for J that this missing piece of his life will never be able to be put back together

Marcie