Sad today

M

ML

Some of you may remember about 6/7 months ago I came here asking for fundraiser ideas for my friend at work who got luekemia. We raised about $3,000 and exceeded our expectations by far. We had another one planned for tomorrow. Sadly, she died yesterday. Her body rejected the bone marrow transplant. She was 50 years old and a beautiful soul, far too young and in love with life to have it cut so short. We're still planning the fundraiser because her husband truly needs both the financial and the emotional support. It is one of those wake calls for me to fully live each moment and to revel in every blessing. I appreciate the kindness and support I receive here. Thank you so much. ML

nvts

ML, she died knowing how deeply her family AND you and the community loved her. I can't think of a better way to go.

I truly am sorry for your loss. You really worked so hard on this.

Beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww..ML, that is truly a sad thing. NVTS said it perfectly, though. You now have an angel watching over you.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{ML}}} I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your friend. When we lose someone it does often serve as a wake up call to how we face each day and the rest of our lives. Know that your friend is with you and watching over you. Hugs~

Star*

call 911........call 911
ML,

You're friend was very lucky, as are we to have such a beautiful and caring friend in you. I think what you are doing for her husand is remarkable.

Sending you a shoulder, a kleenex and a hug......

Star

klmno

I'm so sorry to hear this, ML. Life is precious and we never know when it will be lost. I'm glad she had caring friends and a loving husband to stand by her thru her last days.

jbrain

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, ML. My husband (dad to my kids) died due to complications after a bone marrow transplant for leukemia. My heart goes out to all of you, I know how hard this is, especially when you have high hopes that the bone marrow transplant will work.
Love,
Jane

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Coming in late to this... I agree with Star -- you are doing a wonderful thing for her husband. And I agree with you, we can let her passing serve as a reminder to be thankful for all that we have in each of our precious days here!

(((((HUGS)))))