Salvia the Next Marijuana? story I came across on aol

IKeepPraying

Just a little FYI so us parents can try to keep up with what's out there.

It is a plant that is still sold legally in some states and is said to impair judgement and the ability to drive. Called nicknames like Sally-D, Magic Mint and Diviner's Sage, salvia is a hallucinogen that gives users an out-of-body sense of traveling through time and space or merging with inanimate objects. Unlike hallucinogens like LSD or PCP, however, salvia's effects last for a shorter time, generally up to an hour.

Here is the link to the full story-
http://news.aol.com/health/story/_a...a/20080311163509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Had a bit of experience with Salvia when I worked in an "adult" store that sold it. It gives a heavy trip, so much so that it is recommented that a non-tripping user stay with the smoker.

It is also not usually smoked in anything outside a "bubbler" a sort of water pipe made in one piece, as opposed to a bong. "Bubblers cost a good eighty dollars or so and many of them re masterpieces of the glassmakers' art.

Salvia only costs about 5 dollars a high, is easy to get, and currently totally legal. There are currently no drug tests for it, either.

I lost my job, despite years of experience (yes, I have an interesting background) of working in adult fields, because I refused my manager when I refused to test out the "legal" drugs and "system cleaners" we sold.

Sorry...I was not doing drugs to keep a job, fer crying out loud.

But the things I've seen...no shortage of parents brining teens in to buy cleansers before tests and the like.

gottaloveem

Alex mail ordered some when he was about 15. I caught it in the mail and threw it away.

It does sound dangerous, I do remember reading that somebody not taking it should stay with a person who is taking it.

susiestar

Roll With It
On the thread about things smoked from a pipe I heard about salvia. I googled smoking dried salvia and got some really informative sites. One gave info on how to "fortify" your salvia so that you got the maximum high.

I found this very scary. The last thing we need is another drug.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Another one to watch out for that has been made illegal in FL is Datura. I have the growing all over the yard last year - they are amazing and gorgeous. They make HUGE walnut sized seed pods and the kids were eating the seeds or licking the leaves.

When Dude was in the Alternative school I took a clipping from their humongous plant right outside the entrance. When I found out what it was - I told them, and they destroyed it.

They only grow in tropical climates well enough to bloom.

But they are absolutely stunning to look at.

susiestar

Roll With It
It still amazes me the things people will do for a high. One of the sites I saw recommended fortifying it and then smoking it in a pipe. NOT something I have or will try, and MY children will be busted so hard if they try it. There is ALWAYS something else that the laws haven't come up with.