Sams or Costco - Which is the best deal?

susiestar

Roll With It
We just got a Costco in my state. I have yet to go there. I go to the city when I have dr appts, then I go to Sam's for a monthly stock up. does Costco have better deals on basic items? on non-basic items? The membership to Costco is $15 more than my Sam's membership, I think. I have seen people rave about things from Costco and heard that it is 'fancier' and more 'upscale' than Sams but I get great deals at Sam's. so, do I give Costo a try? what thing are worth it, in your opinion? What do you like/dislike about either chain?

InsaneCdn

At least in Canada, Costco will give anybody a free one-day trial "membership" - so you can find out for yourself.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We have memberships to both. We like some things at both stores. We quit Sams for a while because they stopped having samples - that was my husband. He loves the samples. After many years of having both, I think if we got rid of one it would be Sams.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
We have both, but I much prefer Costco as they have more organic and I think their fruit and veggies are much fresher. I upgraded my membership last year, and got a nice check for almost 200 which pays for the renewal an then some.

And of course, it is a good place to graze at noon when the sample ladies are out

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We have had a Sams membership for years... No Costco in the area. They built one last year, so a couple months ago Bill and I went to check it out.

From my observations, it's pretty much the same stuff. The two reasons we won't get a membership to Costco are: Price and distance. It costs more, and Sams is a little over a mile away while Costco is nearly 10 miles, none of which are a straight shot.