Samsung Infuse 4G Phone Mistaken for Spider Commerical. My worst commercial ever?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
HATE that commercial.

Sad part is that I rarely watch tv. And I can't count the number of times I've seen this stupid commercial.

What to know the sadder part?

I didn't know what it was they were "selling" until this post. I just knew that I make husband change the channel fast. Yes, I'm a tad slow. There are several commercials going on now I don't "get" what they're actually "selling".

Another one........and no I'm not sure what they're selling either........but is a really annoying couple with their kids on a beach........The mom's voice is like fingernails down a blackboard and it's a race to the remote. Of course that one is on all the time too. ugh

Spiders I'm kind to OUTSIDE. Have no problem with them OUTSIDE. I don't freak out, but don't like them INSIDE. But I do have them inside, more than I'd like. Harmless ones are caught and released. Ones that deliver nasty bites are stomped on asap. husband currently has 3 spider bites on his right arm. Bugs, including spiders, don't think I taste good. I don't get bitten by anything. lol

Marguerite

Thankfully we don't have that ad on Aussie TV. Plus we have the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) the government-funded national television network. Free-to-air, no commercials.

The good news? Is they are supposedly more afraid of you, than you are of them.

Not Sydney funnelweb spiders. They won't actually hunt you, but if you get them cornered, they rear up and threaten you. And they WILL attack. They don't jump, but can rush forward and those fangs can penetrate leather. You can tell a really nasty spider by the way its fangs are directed. Most spiders' fangs point inwards and mostly horizontal, so they would meet together in a pincer grip. But funnelweb fangs will stab down like a knife in each hand of Norman Bates.

I can deal with most spiders. I will even trap them in a jar and remove them from the house. But I will not get close to a funnelweb spider. Thankfully, even though I know there are plenty of them here, we rarely see them. We are taught from very young, how to avoid the places where you risk cornering one of these, or the Redbacked Spider (Australia's version of the Black Widow). Our redbacks are a type of venomous widow spider and very common here. But fairly docile, I've never seen one rear up and threaten. A shoe deals with them quickly. And they can't bite through leather.

Our largest and hairiest spiders are among the most harmless. The huntsman spider is an outside spider that occasionally wanders indoors. It can be as large as the palm of your hand. I used to be terrified of them as a kid, but will remove them calmly these days. mother in law hates them, she usually calls me or husband to shift them if she sees them. We keep telling her - do NOT use fly spray on spiders. It just makes them cranky.

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmm... No matter the spider? If I were small, 8-legged, and threatened in a corner? I'd attack, too.

Jody

Is it wishful thinking? I watched 2 hours of television last night and never saw or heard that commercial. Some of that two hours I fell asleep. Did anyone else see it last night? Could it be possible that they took it off the air? I waited ready with my remote to make sure that I didn't hear that screaming one time last night.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Marg,

The huntsmen sounds AWESOME!!!!!! Don't you have one called a mouse something or other? Or is that the funnel web and they eat mice? When I lived in FL, there were housekeeping spiders that were about the size of the palm of my hand. SKinny, but large and aggressive. They could and would catch cockroaches, palmetto bugs (kind word for cockroaches) and geckos, lizards etc. We were told by our bug man to just leave them if they came in the house. Okay so one year I went to get my Christmas decorations down out of the crawlspace over the car port and there she was.....in all her glory ----on the box of decorations and BOY was she big, and aggressive and WOW did she mean business. I figured if I left my stuff for a day or so, she would go away. Nope - came right back after me to the point I had to take a broom and do battle. She was still up in the crawl space, but that was about the most aggressive bugger I've encountered.

Our black widows here? So non-aggressive if you had a mind to you could easily trap them and move them but DF won't. He sprays them which I think is probably wise since I'm allergic to bees etc. but it makes me sad to think they do no harm. They made their homes in the petrified wood I used to have in the yard on the borders of the Liriope (border grass). So After he did that? I moved the rocks to the field, sprayed them off,and I've left them there ever since. If the widows like the holes in the petrified wood rocks - so be it - I won't mess with them any more. If I'd see one now? I wouldn't tell Df about it. Ours got about from the size of a pinky nail to the size of a nickel. Not very big, but lots of color variations. We had black with white spots, black with pink spots....black with the typical red - and one I found a coral colored one - all widows. My favorites should be making their webs soon - The Argiope (St. Andrews Cross spiders) the Garden writers. I love them -if you do find them ? They're harmless, please just leave them, watch them they'll catch bunches of bugs, and then go - they're big may move a time or two but are very cool to take pictures of - and if you want to photograph the web for a really good picture? You can take a spray bottle of pure water - make sure it has NO chemical residue at all - and mist the nest in the early morning - then phototgraph. I have video of one rocking the web trying to scare me. They are incredible creatures.

maril3

Sorry folks.. I think that is the funniest commercial ever, no matter how silly.
I laugh every time I see it... it is one of the few I watch... as does anyone in our family..
by the way, I bought that phone two days ago and love it!!! LOL
At a very large graduation party last week, everyone knew about the ad and loved it.. To you who don't like it,,,,,,,, I say LIGHTEN UP!!!!