Sarcastic fingers

susiestar

Roll With It
thank you has started picking up on the fact that when people make quotation marks in the air they are being sarcastic. He calls them "sarcastic fingers".

First he used them with his fingers in his lap where husband and Jess couldn't see when they were griping at him about something and he said "I'm Sorry". The fingers were almost hidden, but Jess didn't call him on it.

Then tonight he told husband not to make "sarcastic fingers" when he talked about something they did in Scouts. It was the first time husband understood what he meant by them. husband was rolling on the floor when he came in to where I was to tell me about them.

So, now my little punster understands sarcasm - and "sarcastic fingers".:tongue:

LOL!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Lends new meaning to the term "giving someone the finger"(s)... (I know, that was bad. I'm going. I'm GOING!)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Actually, that's pretty darn funny. I think I'm going to start using those S-fingers myself. That way, I can just use my deadpan voice and pull a swift one over (or behind my back) on husband, or a difficult child for that matter! Beats crossing your fingers because EVERYONE knows what THAT means! :rofl: Oh I LOVE it!

LittleDudesMom

Susie,

Hmmmm, not sure whether it's a good thing either!!!!!!! Better make sure you can always see his hands!

Moved the thread for you.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Have to say I'm laughing here! My difficult child has such trouble understanding sarcasm but he thinks he gets it. He'll look at me after saying something he thought was sarcastic and say, "Mom, that was sarcastic!"

nvts

I LOVE sarcastic fingers...our 3rd grader has started pointing out sarcasm ad nauseum (uh that's sarcasm Mom!) but I can't think of anything better than the "fingers" explanation!

I also love those "I'm leaving the room to laugh at them now" moments!

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
BBK - thank you is NOT allowed to use that finger! I think it is pretty funny. I love watching kids learn how the language works. He has BEEN sarcastic for many years, just not able to always ID it in others, esp on TV.

Sharon, thanks for moving this!