Saw M last night

witzend

The neighbors did a little going away get together for husband and I last night. (I'm really going to miss my neighborhood.) I asked that M be invited, which kind of killed two birds with one stone. He has a new girlfriend, and had wanted to introduce her to us, and since they don't drive we were going to have to set aside an evening to meet with them. Free evenings between now and Thursday when husband leaves are few and far between at this point.

I had talked to M on the phone several weeks ago, and he told me that he wanted to apply to get funds for helping take care of husband's mother - aka, sleeping on her sofa when he's not at his girlfriend's house. I'd kind of wondered where he came up with that. I didn't commit either way on that. At the time husband had not been offered his new job yet, so we didn't discuss our moving.

Anyway, last night as the evening was winding down - they needed a ride home across town - the girlfriend asks me "So, is there anything that M can expect from your house now that you're moving?" Seriously? I told her that everything was moving so quickly that I hadn't thought that far ahead. They had been over to the house with husband to see the dogs and for husband to brag on his handywork around the house.

I don't know - at least she's ambitious. Maybe they'll be good for each other.

donna723

I don't know if "ambitious" is exactly the word I would use! And you just met her? I can't believe she had the nerve to ask you that!

DDD

Goodness Gracious, lol, what a generation! I "suppose" it shows initiative? Survival skills? Wishful thinking? That same gutsy (kind word choice, huh?) statement tells you that she'll make sure your boy doesn't go without.

And trying to be as open minded as possible I actually have known people who relocated and donated everything to Goodwill with-o taking time to think of family members who would value/make good use of the donation. Sigh. So glad that everything is moving along quickly. Hugs DDD

donna723

It wouldn't have been quite so bad if your son had asked you that but her asking, in my humble opinion, was way out of line. especially since she just met you! That girl has all the tact of the stepson of a friend of mine! When my friend was in the hospital after having a serious heart attack, the stepson (that he had loved and raised like his own) leaned over him and quietly whispered, "If you die, what do I get?"

rejectedmom

Not sure what happened to my initial response guess it is lost in cyberspace. She was totally out of line. I am just shaking my head at the gall she displayed.

witzend

If M had asked it would have been totally different, but that has got to be a lot of nerve! Hopefully, she'll whip him into shape! ;) We never could...

rejectedmom

It is amazing what a difficult child will do for a peer when they can't even contemplate doing the same for a parent who loves them with their whole heart.