saw the funniest difficult child on tv today

DammitJanet

I dont know if anyone else watches those Wildest Police shows on Tru tv (used to be Court tv) but I watch them from time to time. They pass the time when there is nothing else on.

Today they showed the normal assortment of drunk drivers, stupid idiots trying to evade police and what not...but then they got to this one case that just cracked me up. The cops got this 911 call to go to this little house in a nondescript neighborhood. It seems that the mom got her 8 year old son up to go to school that morning and he threw a major temper tantrum about going and ran outside and locked himself in the car! Taking the keys no less...lol. The boy kept taunting the cop and his mother saying he wasnt going to school and he wasnt getting out of the car and he kept starting the car and acting like he was going to put the car in gear. The cop car was behind the car so he moved it up as close to the back bumper of her car as he could so the boy had no leverage but he could move forward towards the house about ten feet which could cause some damage.

The boy did try to back up into the cops car but found out the hard way that didnt do any good. The whole time he was trying to back up the cop had his jimmy tool out to get the car unlocked. Just about the time they got the car unlocked the boy stuck the car in drive and started towards the house but the cop managed to reach in and turn the car off. It took both the mom and the cop to drag that boy out of the car, kicking and screaming...lmao. Honestly the cop handled it very well.

I kept wondering which of our kids that was....lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
That is too funny. I bet the cop turned a blind eye as momma whooped his arse right in public. I know I would have!!

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
At some point you just had to wonder WHY that cop was being so nice. You suppose it was a relative? Of that he had CIT training for the mentally ill?

Wonder if she started carrying her keys on a hook like I do. lol

TerryJ2

Wow. :crazy1:
I suspect he was being nice because he was on camera.
Behind the scenes, I would have given him permission to go for it. :biting:
Yes, Janet, that's one of our fave shows. I rarely watch TV but for some reason, that one draws me in. Go figure.

Andy

Cops are trained to keep their cool - sounds like he lived up to the training. (they also are not as emotionally involved).

If I was the mom, I would have walked in the house after getting difficult child to school and remembered there was an extra set of keys on husband's dresser! :biting:

Yep, if the mom is on board - sorry - that had to have been so overwhelmingly frustrating! Glad it is over - hope you found something nice for yourself once difficult child was in school - you deserve a break in action.