Saw this on TV: Is Santa too fat? LOL

BusynMember

I guess some people think it's a bad example for kids. GIVE ME A BREAK! in my opinion, let Santa stay large. No dieting for Santa...lol.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:rolleyes: Oh brother!

Last month there was a piece on the radio; something about Santa saying "Ho ho ho" being offensive to some people and the DJ suggested saying "Hey hey hey" instead. Who is it offensive to? Prostitutes?? I just had to laugh and I thought... :hammer:

Puh-leeze

meowbunny

Supposedly, a Santa in Australia got fired for refusing to say "ha ha ha" instead of "ho ho ho." And, yes, the reason given for demanding that santas say ha was that ho was American slang for a female who took money in return for sex (how's that for getting around the board's censors?). Of course, the store claims there was more to the guy being fired, including an attitude problem, but they did admit that the ha/ho issue was part of it. Sad, isn't it?

muttmeister

Warning: Rant ahead....
Being the Libertarian that I am, I see this all as just further proof that Big Brother is taking over and soon we will have no rights left. They are telling us what we can eat, how much we should weigh, what words we can and cannot use etc., etc., etc., and we dummies sit and let them because they tell us it is for our own good. What a crock!

That pipe has got to go, too. Who knows what he's smoking in there? I mean, the guy has obviously got the munchies big time, eating cookies all night.

FTC regulations forbid flying a sleigh used in interstate commerce when the driver has had inadequate rest, so henceforth Santa will need to stretch out his delivery schedule from December through July, and keep a log showing driver rest stops at approved intervals.

Also, the reindeer are going to need to wear diapers. And PETA is on his case for overworking the poor animals, flying all the way around the world in one night. Besides, reindeer flatulence contributes to global warming.

Ho! Ho! Ho! is obviously offensive to workers in the sex trade, as mentioned above. Hee! Hee! Hee! is sexist, so that is off limits too. In fact, it is damaging to children's self-esteem to be laughed at by a trusted adult figure, so all jolliness must be confined to appropriate venues with adequate warning signs indicating jollity within.

witzend

This is totally the media making up "news". Like there's nothing more important going on! My boss and co-workers know all about the Fat Santa debate, whether it's more easy child to say "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas", and they are all quite certain that global warming is a left wing plot. Yet somehow he doesn't actually know what "Darfur" is.