Say hello to Jackson my rescue dog!

BusynMember

Picture of him on the bottom of this post :) Go look!

He was called Jackson when they named him after finding this starving small dog. He knows his name now so we will keep it.

He is a chihuahua boy of two who was almost euthanized in a Texas shelter, but Holster Rescue in Wisconsin heard his story and saved him.

The Texas shelter people said he had neurological damage or issues and asked if they still wanted to rescue him. Holster's President said YES and so he traveled from Texas to WI. We saw hiis picture and sad biography and fell in love with him. We hope to give him the life this baby deserves. We have a great vet and he has made progress since being at Holster. We cant bring him home until we move to our house as our apartment that we are still in only allows two dogs, but we paid his adoption fee and they are keeping him for us for the few weeks until we can move to the house.

We met him Saturday! He is sooo sweet but sort of nervous and wobbly a bit on his back legs at times...but can walk, run and even do the stairs. He could not when they first got him. In fact, the foster parents thought he would die, he was so weak and sick! But he is here and ours! And he sure loved to chase their chickens lol!

We miss him so much since our meeting and hope we can bring him home soon! He is over an hour away right now :( but in good care. Soon he will be with us always!!! Our pets are treated like royalty, I hate to admit.

Welcome to our family, Jackson!!! We love you!
IMG_20180623_150050.jpg

Last edited:

BusynMember

No. The picture just makes him look big. He is small and weighs no more than five pounds. I am anxious to get him to our vet snd fatten him up and have the vet do the testing necessary to see how we can help him the best.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Well if that picture is of you then YOU ARE TINY!! That dog looks like he weighs about 25 pounds.

BusynMember

The dog is just close up :) He looks in real life frigjteningly skinny. The chickens he was chasing were bigger than him lol.

I am very tiny, as I have said before. Most sixth graders I have to talk up to :)

Pink Elephant

Pink, he was going to be killed because he wasnt perfect. Breaksy heart.

You are the best.
Thanks, SOT. I have zero tolerance for people who take on a pet, then abuse them or give them up, because they lacked commitment from the start, and I really hate kill shelters and those that work for them. It's ugly on both sides, and how anyone can treat animals like that is beyond me. It's a sick world we live in.

AppleCori

I’m so thrilled to hear of your newest pup, SWOT!

South Texas has such a problem with stray and abused chihuahuas. My daughter works with a rescue group there. I love Texas, but I hate the overwhelming problem they have with abandoned animals.

I’m glad you are able to rescue this little guy!

Keep us updated on how he is doing.

Apple

BusynMember

I cant wait to bring him home.

They found him as a stray. The poor baby may have suffered blunt trauma as he has some neurological issues. Whatever our vets find, he is ours till the end!!!

Thanks Pink and Apple.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
He's adorable!
What a lucky little dog to have found you for his forever home.
:cool_dog:

BusynMember

I cant tell which dog that is, but please dont feel bad. The animsls are on a big farm with acres of land, free to roam and spoiled. I love this rescue. The dogs and cats are loved very much until they are adopted. And this couple who run the rescue never put down animals no matter how long they stay. Its not like a shelter.

But I get it. I have to mute the sound and not look at Humane Society commercials. They make me cry. I donate monthly to the ASPCA. And a few rescues.

Last edited:

Pink Elephant

I cant tell which dog that is, but please dont feel bad. The animsls are on a big farm with acres of land, free to roam and spoiled. I love this rescue. The dogs and cats are loved very much until they are adopted. And this couple who run the rescue never put down animals no matter how long they stay. Its not like a shelter.
Good. I do feel better now. In my mind I'd like to adopt them all.