"Say it Ain't So, Mom!"

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good morning, everyone!

This was kind of a weird situation....

difficult child has always been a bully to other kids. She hits, kicks, pinches...takes their stuff, bosses them around etc--and she has always been very proud of this. She says things like "They know better than to mess with me!" and "I'll get them sooo bad if they do that!" and "I'm the queen of revenge" etc....PLUS she's into this whole violent, vampire fantasy stuff now so she has been telling kids at school that she worships the devil and makes sacrifices to him, drinks blood, doesn't sleep....yadda, yadda, yadda....

So yesterday, she brings home an assignment from school--and because it is the beginning of the year, it is one of those "all about me" projects....and she wants to know how to answer a particular question.

The question is "What do my friends say about me and why?"

difficult child wants me to tell her the answer. I don't understand why I would need to answer this for her....so I ask her "Well, what do your friends say about you?"

"O they say I'm mean, evil and crazy...

So--what should I write?"

On some level I feel sorry for her....but on another level I feel that she is doing this to herself, and maybe I shouldn't be reassuring her that everything is great and her friends are just kidding. In the end I really didn't say anything more than "Hmmmm...."

difficult child decided that the correct answer was "I'm kind and I'm responsible..."

Sometimes it's hard to be the Mom....I'm never sure the right thing to do.

--DaisyF

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh yeah, that would be a tough one to deal with! Tell her the ugly truth or let her just get the assignment over with using whatever version of reality she's clinging to. Ugh. That hurts.

tiredmommy

I'm usually an ugly truth sort... but my daughter hasn't been having distorted thinking. Is it possible this as a jumping point with her psychiatrist to give her a glimpse into how her behavior is seen by others?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I'm usually an ugly truth sort... but my daughter hasn't been having distorted thinking. Is it possible this as a jumping point with her psychiatrist to give her a glimpse into how her behavior is seen by others?

We just started with a new psychiatrist--

and I do think it will be a good idea to bring this up!!

--DaisyF