Scared to death last night

eekysign

Totally would have been terrified, too! I live in an all-girl household, and we have no peephole on our door. Roomie and I are awake watching TV, around 3am, last year. All of a sudden, pounding on our door - rapid fire, almost like a paintball gun, but at FULL force. BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

We hid in the living room until we got brave enough to sneak out on the back deck an hour later (the only place you could see the front porch from). No one there. No paintball mess. I guess someone decided to scare the **** outta us in the wee early morning hours. People are jerks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Then don't get a bird dog - get a pit bull - like ROCK....ROCK JR. (RJ)

YOU NEED a set of ears to help you sleep well. Dude couldn't ever sleep. He would get a dog to jump in bed with him - and off he'd go every single time. His PTSD was okay as long as there was someone to "watch out " for him.

trinityroyal

Star, I like your style too. I tend to lock up as well, but mainly for forms sake. Safe neighbourhood, lots of retirees who are home most of the day, and all the neighbours know each other.

I guess I'm too much of an imbecile to be scared. A few months ago, when I were just going up to bed, about 10 pm or so, there was a full-force thumping at the door.

I thought, one of the neighbours must be in trouble or something, so I flung open the front door, expecting to see the Rev Nev (retired Minister who lives across the street). Instead, there was a little gentleman, total stranger, standing on my doorstep. He bowed with a flourish, stepped back, smiled broadly and bellowed, "It's Carpet King!"

Yes. At my door, there was a dude selling Persian rugs out of the trunk of his car at 10 pm.

I just shook my head, said, "Go AWAY!" and slammed the door in his face.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks ladies I admire your style too!!!!!!!

DF can not say NO to any salesperson. I don't care if it's a girlscout, or a kid selling candy door to door for band or choir - he's digging in his pocket. So it was no surprise that the dogs were barking like crazy (and rarely do so) when a man in a beat up pick-up truck, selling steaks and sea food out of a rusty looking freezer in the bed of that same dirty truck, with his girlfriend smoking in the cab - came to the door. (Idiot - the sign says a biker lives there and hates salesman then goes on to explain what will happen to you unless you are daft or blind) and we hear - knock knock.

DF goes out into the driveway and stands there, listens and then says "Let me get my fiance." and in he comes - asking me to come and see the GREAT steaks he has and the seafood (blech) for sale. I told him NO. TEll them to GO AWAY. SO like clockwork he walks back out and says - "My gal said NOT INTERESTED." and then the guy kicks up the story - says he's going to get fired if he doesn't sell SOMETHING - he'll reduce the price and double the meat..and DF comes in AGAIN - and I looked at him and said NO- TELL THEM TO GO AWAY...NOW. So he goes BACK out and the guy says "I bet she said for us to go away huh? So here's what I'm going to do - I'll double the meat, triple the seafood and keep the price the same." so DF hobbles in one more time and at this point I'm getting license plate number, and walking down the sidewalk - and telling the man "YOU REALLY NEED TO GO NOW." and he still is talking and I said "I've asked you three times politely to leave, if you think you can move faster than these 2 bulldogs KEEP TALKING," then I pretended to count down "FIVE, FOUR (my hand on the gate latch, THREE," he looks at DF and he makes the crazy symbol near the head swirling his finger around his temple, "TWO, and" INTO the truck he jumped....and back went the gate latch. lol

Have NOT been bothered by fresh meat vendors (albeit fresh is questionable) since.

Could be the Osama bin Lady targets (we brought back from the range) with 10 out of 10 kill shots placed precariously at the end of the yard.....or not. :tongue: (yes, they're really there) lol

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thank you ladies. I still think it was a naughty teen or a misplaced person.

Star, don't get me started on getting a pit bull junior. He might not eat my birds, but maybe the neighbor's dog.

Abbey