Scary new way to get high...or new to me anyway.

CAmom

A friend who works for several physicians told me about Jenkem, a new way to get high.

Google Jenkem, if you don't already know about it...it's all over the Internet and is too disgusting to write about...

CAmom

I agree...couldn't even bring myself to describe it.

It sounds as though this has been around for a long time in third-world countries. But, according to the doctors my friend works for, it's begun showing up here in the United States.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is gross. Snopes has some articles from the 90's on it, and there is a police bulletin that was sent this year, but real info is scant.

I did see a site where a kid described it, with pictures and all. At one point he said he could not take pics of that step because his mom took the camera to his siblings prom.

What kind of parent doesn't see/smell this?

Too disgusting for words.

Susie

Chele

Ok, I just couldn't stand not knowing. Well, now I know and wish I didn't. That truly is the most disgusting thing I have read or seen.

I just can't believe how far people will go to get high.

So, now we will think of this the next time someone's breath really smells bad, we will wonder if they flush or save.

Chele

tracy551

That is the GROSSEST thing I've ever seen. Where do people get these ideas???? Truely enough to make you sick just reading it.

SnowAngel

I was curious too, so I looked it up. I can't believe this is going on. I thought meth was sick. I asked my 17 yr son and he knew what it was. I am apparently out of the loop on whats in on the drug scene. Thanks for the info.

goldenguru

When I googled this - it explained that the drug is made from "waste water".

I assume from all of your reactions - they don't mean the dirty water that drains from my dishwasher or wash machine.

I can only assume what they mean is "sewage" - as in human excrement waste water?

How am I doing??

CAmom

GG, I'm afraid so. Apparently, this has been going on for a long time in third-world countries...after all, it's readily available and free (EWWWWW!).

Apparently, it was thought to be more of an "urban myth" here in the U.S., but according to the seventeen doctors my friend works for, they've been seeing more and more cases here.

Disgusting...

Article about smoking toad venom --
Toad smoking

The article also mentions "jenkem" and states that it is not known if teens and others are actually using it, but many have heard about it on the Internet. The last quote is great:

"Kids get ideas that later turn out to be unfounded, but you will get some idiots who will try anything."

Star*

call 911........call 911
The last couple years when I worked installing infrastructure (water lines, sewer lines, storm drains) I can tell you that this is real.

When you send anyone down in a "LIVE" sewer meaning there is a potential for human waste - you are supposed to wear a respirator or at the least a mask and have 1 person on top of the ground after you pull the manhole JUST because the faintest fumes from fermented human waste are toxic and can intoxicate you so quickly, make you fall down, pass out and then inhale more to the point of death.

THIS was even if we were as much as a MILE away from a "live" main.

I can tell you this much as I drive home each night down-wind from a sewer treatment plant - YOU don't want to take a chance.

Gives a whole new meaning to drug buddies asking "hey man you got any Sh(("

Nasty!