scheduling overload

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I am not complaining about all the services i have in place for difficult child II, but as I look at my calendar I am overwhelmed at how many hours a week go out. I am glad difficult child II is done with IOP next week because you can tell he is on therapy overload!

1 1/2 hours a week = in home therapist
6 hours = in home behavioral assistant
2 hours = private tutor
2 hours = theraputic horse back riding (includes travel time)

slsh

member since 1999
I hear you!! I never realized how much time I spent on the phone until I went back to work (at home). The phone calls kept coming in, all kid related, and on some days it adds up to literally hours!! We're pretty much done with appts for thank you, other than monthly staffings that are done by phone. I do remember that at one point in my life, there were usually appointments 4 or 5 days a week just between the 2 older boys! Which is why I didn't work for a decade, LOL.

Have hope - it *will* get better!

mama2lexxie

Hang in there! I know that Monday & Tuesday I felt like I was on the phone all day at work only for daughter and got nothing done at work.

TerryJ2

Wow!
I'd be paying bills or reading or something while he's doing all that. I hate those short, in between times where you can't get deeply into a project. I like the horseback riding part!