Scheming difficult children and I need a vacation from my vacation +other woes...LONG!

Elsieshaye

Signorina, I'm glad you're on that board - I totally get what you mean about "she's great, until she's not". My mother was the same. (Dad was mostly awful, and when he wasn't it was scarier and creepier than when he was, so in some ways less invalidating than mom's weirdness, which was harder to pin down than dad's.) It really is a blessing to have validation.

Glad you went to the ENT and that you're able to step away from work for a little while. I would find it very tempting to extend that prescription indefinitely... :)

Nancy

I hope you're feeling better Sig. I like the idea of walking into the sunset with husband. I'm glad you are starting to think about yourself, you deserve it. I have a very manipulative and narcissist dad so I sort of get what you are living, although I think it's more difficult when it's your mom since daughters look to their mothers for validation. And add to that brothers who don't get along and a family business and I'm surprised you can keep it together. I would have thrown up my hands long ago.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
Sig, my mom spent decades advising college students about their classes and career plans. The idea that when you couldn't handle 12 hrs and get A's but in a future semester you can handle 19-20 hrs and get A's and fix your life is called wishful thinking. Many many many many students try it and very very few succeed - most go down in flames shortly after the first round of exams. anyone who encourages them is called an idiot, but many professors get so tired of being ignored that they just put pre-signed enrollement forms on their doors. My mom never copped out that way, but most other profs in her college did. she also spent hours going over resumes with them, and has told tons of great stories I wish I could repeat, incl about Garth brook's - one of her advisees. I found out from him because I worked with one of his original bandmates in his wife's families business, or I couldn't even mention him here. It was truly funny and he is the biggest sweetheart around even now. husband sees him at his daughter's soccer games and also knew him from hanging out in a bar with him, lol.

but the myth of succeeding when you have a party life just is not reality, just like you can't really stop using anytime you want to. let him try to enroll for those hours and succeed. going down in flames that way will bring him home to you and his senses sooner. it may take rehab anyway, but he will be ready for it sooner.

What do addicts use tongue scrapers for? getting rid of the nasty breath or something?

rejectedmom

Oh my Sig you have been through the ringer! I am soooooooooooooooo sorry that your vacation was such a horror. Take this next week to take care of you. Head injuries are tricky and symptoms can last a long time especially if they are not treated gently in the beginning. So if you need more time take it. I am sure your doctor will back you up. Sending healing and hugss your way. -RM