school cancelled Thur due to storms

jannie

trying to survive....
So many power outages has caused our school system to close for the day.....:surprise:

If only the day care was open I'd be doing the happy dance.....:cutie_pie:

Now I have them with me all day long !! :clubbing:What a joy!

Anybody want to join us for the day ?!

Actually, it was a nice surprise...hopefully power gets back soon for all the houses who have no power.

Andy

My kids always love it when they hear snowstorm - it sometimes means no school - or late start - or early out.

A forced day home can be fun, however, we usually have our electricity which does make life a tad easier. Do you have power in your home?

I would vote on turning your livingroom into a movie theator and watching movies all day! Each child chooses a movie - you place all in a bag and you pull them out one at a time to see in which order to watch.

smallworld

Jannie, since we live in the same county school district as you, we don't have school either.

We have power, BUT a huge tree limb snapped in our front yard and fell on the garage and one corner of our house this afternoon. There's roof and gutter damage as well as a cracked storm window and broken wooden shutters. When it happened, I was at the dentist with M, J was at school and A was home alone -- very scared. She tried to reach me on my cell phone, but the Verizon network wasn't working. She finally reached husband, who calmed her down. And after battling snarled traffic, I finally arrived home to survey the damage.

I've already arranged for a tree service to take the limb down tomorrow, and our roofer will come by in the next few days. Whoever said there's never a dull moment was right!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry the weather is so bad. I hope you are all safe through the storms. Please keep in touch with us as you can to let us know you are OK.

Hugs,

Susie

jannie

trying to survive....
So sorry to hear about all that damage to your home..A must have been so scared...

I just watched the news and saw so much storm damage...My thoughts are with these families right now...

Maybe J wants to babysit my boys and we can go out for lunch ! Five difficult child's(actually two of your difficult child's are easy child's as well, but still.... in one house--sounds fun--

smallworld

Lunch does sound fun, but I don't know how good a babysitter J would be (we don't trust him with his sisters yet). And I should have been more precise. Only M definitely doesn't have school. J and A go to school in Difficult Child and have final exams tomorrow. I won't know until the morning whether their schools will open (but I suspect they will).

I also suspect our orthodontist appointment and piano lesson will still go on as planned. They don't cancel as easily as our SD does.