School Districts & "self-preservation"

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I just read this article in a local paper, and was shocked. I've heard horror stories... but the deceit and retaliation outlined in this article is just overwhelming.

http://www.styleweekly.com/ME2/Audi...F484CF&AudID=20938C672A3049EEB0CF33069AEE1AE0

Sheila

Wish I could say it surprised me, but it doesn't.

I've seen first hand the lengths some school districts will go to to bully parents and students, all in an effort to circumvent their responsibilities. Lying, stripping files, falsifying documents, intentionally doing mental harm to a child, etc., etc., etc.

It's shameful. And more than once I've wondered how we can expect more from our children when a primary roll model behaves in this manner.

Thank God for the dedicated educators.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is a truly vicious thing to do. I am not sure the people in this SD are qualified to train dogs. They sure are not qualified to teach humans!

I know our SD actually CHANGED Wiz' IEP after I signed it. I ONLY found out by reading the IEP that I picked up to take to the psychiatric hospital he was in.

maybe we should make some of the adults in the SD endure what they put our kids through.

Sending prayers to all the people who are enduring policies like this worldwide.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Interestingly the HS in our town is trying to do this to the next-door-neighbor and the MS did it to difficult child 1. Apparently the MS did it to the neighbor kid too. AND his older sister.

The elementary that difficult child 2 is at is working with him, but providing less than last year. This is not unusual.

I'm printing out the articles for husband & the neighbor...