Schuyler's Monster

I just finished reading a great book entitled :"Schuyler's Monster, A Father's Journey With His Wordless Daughter" by Robert Rummel-Hudson. Has anyone else read it?

I could not put it down. I don't want to give too much of the story away for those of you who might want to read it, but it is about a family's journey through realizing their daughter was not developing on target, to the difficulty of getting a diagnosis for a very rare disease, to struggles within the marriage (and the larger family systems) caused by the stress of having a disabled child, to struggles with school systems to get an appropriate augmented speech device and an appropriate educational placement. All of this is written from the father's point of view.

Let me just say that that the book ends in a happy, hopeful place. I am just so impressed by the love that this couple have for their daughter and the lengths that they have gone to get her what she needs. I think everyone here will be able to identify with their journey, and I highly recommend the book.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I haven't read it but I've heard about the book and Schuyler. One of the authors that I read has met her a couple of times at signings. In fact, she has a picture. up on her blog.

Ahem.

Just keep in mind if you read the blog......Dakota is a bit of a potty mouth. Funny but potty.