Score: Humans - 1, Gophers - 0

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:D Caught us a gopher yesterday! The traps husband set in the runs worked!

He left the carcass in one run and reset the traps in another area. We'll see if it was just the one little bugger or if there are more...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Isn't leaving it in the hole going to attract coyotes? (just sayin')
then you have to set traps for the coyotes. Then leave THAT carcas.
Then the bears come. And you have to set a bear trap...and leave THAT carcas.
Then you get Sara Palin - and well....it's just questionable as to what happens after that and it all started with a gopher.

GCV, reading your signature. NO DOGS in your zoo? What a shame. I had quite a problem with the little critters and had actually bought some stuff at the hardware store to try to declare war on them. But then? I got two big doggies that patrol the place when they're not inside being pampered. No more critters. Scared them away. Gone. No holes or dead bodies to deal with. Ewwwwww!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Nope, no dogs. Though the kids would LOVE to have a dog. I'm allergic-ish (depends on how oily the coat is). AND I refuse to take on one more creature until the kids demonstrate that they can be responsible enough to share in the dog's care (so the day I don't have to think about whether or not the litter box has been emptied or the birds put away at night, etc., is the day we can get a dog). The animals we do have are fairly low-maintenance. A dog is NOT low maintenance, in my opinion. They have to be walked. They can't be left alone for long periods of time. They need a lot of time and attention. Right now, that's more than I have to spare, and it wouldn't be fair to the animal.

My mom brought her welsh terrier over yesterday and we enjoyed watching her (the dog, er ***** in this case) go ballistic digging in the gopher run. She would frantically dig, then bite chunks of earth and grass out of her way, then continue with the furious digging. Oh, and she had absolutely no interest in the carcass, lol! She only wants a LIVE play-toy!

Star, we have so many ants here, I don't think they will leave much for the coyotes to bother with!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hate to say it, but where there is one...there is most likely others. I think we stopped at 11 in Florida.:mad:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Looks like there is at least one more... fresh digging in the yard today. difficult child 1 reset the traps this afternoon, so fingers crossed we nab this one, too!