Score one for karma- teacher arrested

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
That nasty teacher has been arrested for, surprise, sex with a minor and soliciting sex through the internet. The story is all over our local news.

Ferb is not talking with me about it yet, but I know he was her teacher. I reached out to him in an unforceful and loving way. Perhaps with time he will be able to discuss it.
Holy schizzel!! Wow wow thank you universe!

LoveSushi

Maybe your neighbor will call the prosecutor and tell him/her about seeing this skank at the neighbor's house when the parents were away...

AppleCori

I'm glad the teacher was arrested.

It was inevitable, considering how blatantly she flaunted her flirtations. I would imagine that her victimizing goes back several years, if any now-adult victims are willing to come forward.

We will probably never know the true extent of the damage she has caused, but at least she has been stopped.

I hope your son is handling this well. It has to be quite a blow for his self-esteem.

Keep us informed of any developments in the case....

Lil

Wow. I'm shocked and kind of pleased. I hope Ferb is handling this okay. I'm thinking about you guys and got my fingers crossed that he doesn't react badly.

Crayola13

Now that she is out on bond, I hope she doesn't take off with Ferb across the country. One of the teachers in our district did that with one of her many student boyfriends, abd he wasn't even 18! She changed her identity and got a fake ID and other credentials and was teaching school in another state for three years before they caught her.

Cheerwyn

Now that she is out on bond, I hope she doesn't take off with Ferb across the country. One of the teachers in our district did that with one of her many student boyfriends, abd he wasn't even 18! She changed her identity and got a fake ID and other credentials and was teaching school in another state for three years before they caught her.

This is definitely the time for heightened vigilance.
Predators like this have to keep getting their narcissistic supply. She may approach Ferb with a "poor misunderstood me" and "it's you and me against the world" act to see if he will continue the relationship.

And I hope it doesn't happen, but be prepared that Ferb may still be pulled into this mess. Law enforcement may have gotten access to her cell phone records and online activity, and are actively looking for other victims. If she communicated with Ferb, he may get a visit from investigators.

This kind of thing is difficult enough for any parent to navigate. I hope things get resolved quickly and Ferb can get a new start at college.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very glad she was caught and exposed without you getting involved in that process. I really hope that her involvement with Ferb is never brought to the authoritiies' attention. Now is the time to tech Ferb the phrase that my children all have been practicing for years "I wish to have a lawyer." I have told the kids that no matter what the cops or whomever tells them, that person won't come closer to my wrath if I find out they spoke to the authorities without having adequate legal counsel. NOT so much because I think my kids would have done anything, but because if you don't protect yourself, who will? It is up to you to make sure that you are protected from underhanded tricks, and many in law enforcement are not above using whatever is easiest to get the job done. I am always shocked at the videos of interrogations where the cops are talking to the suspect with no lawyer present.l I don't CARE if you think it might make you 'look' guilty, you need a lawyer. I don't care if you think it might make you somehow think it looks bad, if you need to speak to the cops, you need to protect your interests. There are a whole lot of people on Death Row who thought that it was perfectly fine to talk to the cops because they hadn't done anything wrong. There are even more who only got out because they finally got DNA testing done and that proved they were innocent. Some only got that testing done AFTER they were dead. If the cops want to talk to Ferb, make sure he has a lawyer with him. If he goes and talks to them without one, throw the biggest hissy fit you can afterward. Not because the cops are bad, but because he needs to protect himself. Especially when he is the victim!

(((((hugs))))) I hope that he is able to talk this through with this therapist and that he doesn't go off the deep end over this. I also hope she drops him because she got caught, but who knows how people like her think.