Score one for karma- teacher arrested

pigless in VA

That nasty teacher has been arrested for, surprise, sex with a minor and soliciting sex through the internet. The story is all over our local news.

Ferb is not talking with me about it yet, but I know he was her teacher. I reached out to him in an unforceful and loving way. Perhaps with time he will be able to discuss it.

pasajes4

The universe has a way of taking care of things. Sometimes it is difficult to wait for that to happen.

I am so happy this woman has been stopped. Teacher transgressions of this nature have a way of making it onto social media and the national news. Ferb may clam up and not want to come out of his room. I know that you are probably going into hyper vigilant mode in order to monitor his mental well being.

Prayers for calm and grace in this situation.

Snow White

On the Mad Tea Party Ride
That is truly great news, pigless. You have been so patient with the issue and with Ferb. I hope that he will be ok and that things will return to normal (as normal as "normal" gets) quickly!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Pasa:

I think your statement that "the universe has a way of taking of things. Sometimes it is difficult to wait for that to happen" is profound and could be seen as a message to all on this forum!

:bpotd:

ksm

Any link o the article? Enquiring minds want to know! If you feel comfortable doing that. I hope your won doesnot become part of the story...in case other kids were aware and tell authorities.

Glad she is caught and hopefully won't be able to teach in the future.

BloodiedButUnbowed

That nasty teacher has been arrested for, surprise, sex with a minor and soliciting sex through the internet. The story is all over our local news.

Ferb is not talking with me about it yet, but I know he was her teacher. I reached out to him in an unforceful and loving way. Perhaps with time he will be able to discuss it.

OMG Pigless, talk about one's Higher Power knocking us out of our own way! Now the situation is completely handled, and you did not risk your relationship with Ferb in any way. This is the best possible news!

At the same time Ferb may take this hard. I will add you, and him, to my prayer/blessings list. I hope that he is able to navigate this shocking turn of events as well as the likely loss of his relationship with her....although since he is an adult, there is a chance that it may continue unless she is in custody and physically unable to get to him.

Best of luck. Thank you for the update!

BloodiedButUnbowed

If he disappears you will know where he went. I found the local article, and while I don't want to disclose any more details online out of respect for your privacy, it does have more info about the specific crime that got her arrested and other details.

i know if this was DS we would contact his therapist right away with the information. Ferb may not have known he was one of many young men. He might have thought of her as his girlfriend. He may feel as if she "cheated" on him, and this may be very distressing. I know from what you have shared Ferb is prone to depression and potentially self-harming, so watch him closely.

Once again best to you and so glad she has been exposed. I hope you are spared Ferb continuing to defend and possibly even date this horrible woman, although I am sure her attorney will make her cease all such relationships with former students, even those who are technically of age.

BloodiedButUnbowed

Minimally, she will end up on the sex offender registry and will not be allowed to work with minors. So she is definitely not going to work in a school again.

But that is all speculation. Pigless we are all celebrating with you. Your spidey sense about Mrs. X was right on the money.

This proves that other adults, parents, colleagues, whomever, were aware of her actions and thankfully someone did alert authorities. Pigless, if you attend any of her hearings you may be able to connect with these other parents if you feel this would be useful to you.

I still maintain your decision to not confront your legally adult son was the best one in your specific case.

pigless in VA

I suspect that one of Ferb's underaged friends was also involved with her. I wonder how many boys were under her spell. I will consider it a win if she can no longer teach. I would very much like for her to do some time for this. I did notice that the article called it "consensual." I don't think that in Virginia that it can be consensual if one of the participants is under 18.

Albatross

I am so happy that this predator has been arrested. I'm guessing this is very confusing for Ferb. I'm glad you will be there for him if/when he is ready to talk about it.

Crayola13

I knew that would happen at some point. And, I knew it would be all over the news.