SE USA, please check in!

tiredmommy

The current weather system is spawning tornadoes throughout the region and Enterprise, AL has apparently been hit badly. Please check in if you live live in the impacted areas so that we know all is well.

DammitJanet

Its supposed to get bad here later on this evening and into the early morning hours. They have asked people to tie down anything that is outside.

Hope everyone gets thru this ok.

fedup

It's gray here, but so far no heavy weather. No big plans for this weekend, but hope we don't lose power, because I do have some internet stuff to deal with.

LittleDudesMom

We're supposed to have some really wild weather overnight, but nothing compared to the heavy snow and tornados that others will be/are experiencing. Take care and keep safe.

Sharon

hearthope

I am in central alabama, about an hour and half from Enterprise.

We are stunned by our local news reports on the deaths and damage.

Several friends in surrounding areas have damage to homes and barns, but thankfully no injuries as of yet.

We are still under warnings every few minutes and are just hoping it passes soon.

This is a horrible huge storm...If you are in the direction it is headed please be ready to seek shelter.

Kathy813

Staff member
We got lucky in Atlanta. It was expected that we would get hit hard around rush hour tonight but it went south of us. I even cancelled two tutoring sessions since I was worried about the weather.

It's horrible that a tornado hit a high school in Alabama. I can't imagine the terror those kids must have gone through. Please keep the students, teachers, and families in your thoughts and prayers.

~Kathy

donna723

We got lucky here too. There were a lot of warnings out but no tornados in our area that I know of. Just LOTS of wind all day long with on and off rain. It got very scary-looking outside for a while and all the surrounding counties sent the kids home from school about mid-day - better safe than sorry.

The news about the high school in Alabama just breaks my heart.

Marguerite

We saw the news about Alabama on Aussie TV tonight. From what we saw - the kids and staff at the school did everything right under the circumstances. It could have been so much worse. Still, it's always tragic when lives are lost, even just one.

Marg