Searching for a counselor

R

remclick

Does anyone know a good parent counselor in the Baltimore area? I want someone who can help me learn different ways to deal with my difficult child. I don't just want to go to any old counselor because most people don't get it. Thank you.

LittleDudesMom

Hi remclick and welcome to the board!

Because of legal reasons, retaliations, etc., we don't allow our members to post the legal names of doctors, schools, hospitals, etc. If you are looking for recommendations, my two suggestions would be to check with your pediatrician for a referral or to ask folks to use the PM feature of the site. We don't mind members sharing information through private messages, but do not allow it on the public forum.

Sharon

R

remclick

I have already registered to see Ross Greene in Difficult Child and I have read both of his books more than once. I think he really understands what we are living everyday.

I am surprised how hard it has been to get recommendations. If anyone has a suggestion please feel free to Private Message me.

Thanks for the welcome.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Who prescribes your difficult child's medications? The pediatrician has been suggestd above as a referral source; if your child is seeing a psychiatrist, I'd recommend asking him/her for some names as well. Personally I preferred that route because it was important to me that the psychiatrist and therapist have a good working relationship.

B

Bunny

I would recommend asking your child's pediatrician if they can recommend a family counselor who can help all of you deal with the problems that you and your family are facing. They can work with you alone and with your child, if that is what you are after.