Second week of Healthier Living - How's it going??

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: We've made it through the second week of our dedication to better overall health. How is everyone doing?

For me, I've not stepped on the scale because my trainer suggested that since I was a little bummed about the weight loss slow (but happy about the inches that have left and been rearranged), that I should pay very close attention how my body feels and let that be my gauge for a month. I'm at the gym a minimum of 5 days a week, most weeks 6. I'm doing my best to keep up with the healthy eating, but I did have a handful of fritos yesterday :morecrackers:!

How are you guys doing? I know there were a number of new folks at the beginning of the year that were wanting to work on their physical health. Let's hear from you. We want to hear the hurdles and struggles as much as the successes and milestones. Sharing makes it easier........

Sharon

Sharon,

Way To Go!!! I'm so happy to hear about the lost inches!!! Your dedication to healthy living is an inspiration to all of us. Don't worry - A handful of fritos is ok - It's much, much worse if you crave something, don't give into it, eat everything in sight, and still wish you had had what you first craved to begin with... I know, I speak from experience:hammer:

I think you should reward yourself with a beautiful new swimsuit (or two) for your cruise. Can I hide in your luggage, lol?

I've been eating healthy and staying out of the kitchen after supper. This is a BIG accomplishment for me. I exercise as much as my body will let me. I'm beginning to accept the physical limitations I now have and appreciate the time I can work-out. I still have my moments when I just feel angry and frustrated but I know I'm dealing with them a bit better.

I plan on doing everything I'm capable of to keep myself as healthy as possible. For now, I'm taking things one day at a time... WFEN

goldenguru

Sharon -

I gave up the bathroom scale about 3 years ago. Mine broke, and I never replaced it. I find it absolutely liberating. I am no longer in bondage to the scales. I know how my body feels in my clothes. I still get weighed in once or twice a year when I go for my physical. So not weighing in can be OK.

I have been doing pretty well this year as well. My goals are gentle and simple though. I did slip up yesterday and eat waffle fries and chicken tenders. A case of hunger literally taking over my good sense. LOL.

LittleDudesMom

Golden,

I can't believe I came her this morning and you posted. I just posted on the GM thread on general and you said you were walking in this cold weather. I commented you should come over here!

I think I was really tied to the scale at the beginning. It was kinda like a visual validation of my efforts when I began this journey last year. I have gotten a little better about it because I have seen the overall benefit of exercise and seen that the scale doesn't always reflect how hard I've worked or how healthy I am becomming.

Sharon

M

ML

LDM you rock and inspire!!

WFEN - ODAAT is my life philosophy and it is also my current one towards healthy living. Good for you staying out of kitchen after supper, that's my most difficult time of day. Was it you that suggested brushing my teeth right after dinner? That does work!

GG I'm glad you liberated from your scale. I kind of need it for the visual affirmation of efforts that LDM mentioned. But that would be my ultimate goal as well.

I've had 2 weeks of exercising and watching my intake, but not dieting. I maybe lost one pound but not sure. I could be adding muscle. I'm trying not to get caught up in the scale number, doing this as a marathon rather than a sprint.

Glad to be part of this group. It helps, the daily goals are also helpful some days.

smallworld

Ladies, you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

My goal is to exercise 5 times a week. I accomplished it the first week, but fell short by one day this week. My excuse: husband's parents and brother are descending upon us tomorrow to attend the Inauguration. We've had a ton of cleaning to do, plus purchasing some extra bedding and tons of food so we don't have to do any shopping once they arrive (the Difficult Child area is going to be mayhem during the Inaugural festivities). At least I'm doing a lot of moving around instead of being sedentary all day.

I'm hoping to get back on track once the Inauguration is over.

LittleDudesMom

ML, you are off to a fabulous start! You are dedicated to getting that exercise and I think it makes all the difference!

Small, you may not have hit the gym, but you are certainly running around!!!!!

Keep it up friends!

Sharon