Seeking feedback

jackleg101

I'm new here so pardon me if I make any mistakes. My son is beginning to escalate in his behaviors: stealing, lying, physical aggression, lack of remorse, etc. We are considering group home placement. Anyone have suggestions on types or length of stay?

buddy

Hi, welcome to the group. Can you give us more information about your son? It helps people to be able to share similar stories and what kinds of placements happened.
What kinds of assessments has he had? How old is he? What diagnosis and medications does he have? Is he in special education?

There are several people here who have had to place kids either in group homes, or residential treatment centers or psychiatric hospitals etc. Some do out patient intensive programs or mixtures of therapies and home supports.

Again, welcome and sorry for your stress. I hope you continue to come and check things out here, when people wake up I am sure you will get responses!

TerryJ2

Hi Jackleg, welcome.
I cannot offer you any advice on group home placement, but I may be able to help with-individual behaviors.
What was your son like when he was little? Tantrums? No boundaries?
What do you do for discipline?
Is he failing in school? Sometimes schools have their own placements.