seems Granbaby is being withheld again

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
difficult child I's x-girlfriend (19) is very vindictive and def a difficult child, I have walked on egg shells with her for just this reason, trying to keep communication open so I can see Granbaby (I know this sounds familiar to many of you Gramma's on here). Well Granbaby was away through Xmas and my calls or texts are being returned with "I'm too busy", so I am feeling discouraged. Bad enough I did not see difficult child I on Xmas for the 1st time in 20 years (his choice) oh well.....we shall see.........:sigh:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmm I had a great answer until I realized that the girlfriend is an ex girlfriend. Well hmm, how about offering to watch the baby while she enjoys a few hours to herself or a date night out? Most Mom's could use a break on occasion. My kids have never turned me down yet. The date night thing may be a bit awkward, but an ex is going to start dating again sooner or later if she hasn't already...... Might be a good way to sneak in some quality time with the grandchild.

DDD

Keeping a low profile (practice biting your tongue and maintaining a pleasant look on your face, lol) probably is the best road to travel. Being available to help when difficult child may need a break won't hurt either. Unless she has a huge network of support I imagine the time will come when she reaches out for a helping hand. difficult children don't usualy think of other people's feelings so don't bother to express what you want...just keep it open on how you can help her. Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

We have always kept a very open and supportive relationship with Keyana's maternal family so that we are the first people they call when they need someone. We have never turned them down if they need someone to watch her, pick her up, buy her something, etc. We treat all her other kids as if they are ours too. Now Keyana's other grandma and I are really close so all my work is paying off. Well, really, this whole thing is paying off for Keyana. She has a ton of people in her corner.