Seems like years!!

KFld

Actually it has been years since I have been able to go on a vacation and really be looking forward to it and not be stressed about what could happen with difficult child while I'm gone.

We are going to Florida on Saturday and I can't wait. The last 2 years we went away, last year the cruise and the year before Florida with my sister, difficult child was not doing well and I was so stressed out about what was going on with him that it took so much away from my being able to relax and really enjoy. Last year when we went on the cruise he had just been kicked out of his soberhouse and the year before wingnut was taken out of our house by ambulance while I was away.

This year he is clean, stable in his home, working full time and I can go away feeling that everything will be the same when I get back. The only thing that could happen, and he'll call me there anyway, is he could get the paternity test results.

So we are off on Saturday for 8 days to enjoy sunny Florida and the only thing I have to worry about is which bathing suit to wear :smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
How wonderful, Karen. It's these glimpses back that help us appreciate the present even when the dailies sometimes get us down.

Have a fabulous vacation......and take a laptop or something so you can let us know about the DNA results ASAP :smile: .

Suz

DammitJanet

Well have a really great time! Im jealous. LOL. I guess we can hold the fort down and wait patiently for the news.

I do have to say I am laughing over the advertisement you got about the life insurance for your grandchild. I get them all the time. I thought it was because Cory lived here but who knows. LOL. I sure hope you get some news before you leave...sigh.

KFld

My sister in law has a lap top, so if I find out anything while I'm there, I'll be sure to sign in and let you all know.

Hopefully I'll find out before then.

Sunlight

I love florida! enjoy!
I know what you mean about trusting your house will survive. I have recently still been smiling when I pull in the driveway after a long weekend to find my house still standing.

KFld

I don't have to worry about that because he doesn't live home, but on the cruise I had no contact with him for a week and he wasn't doing well and the year before in Florida he was calling me every 2 seconds all stressed out over what was going on with him and wingnut. The only thing I have to hope is that he won't get news that will be upsetting about the paternity test, but I think he's at a point right now that he can handle either answer.

witzend

Have a great time, Karen! I know I am waiting with baited breath, but we will be in Mexico for two weeks beginning Monday. I will have to keep my eyes open!

ScentofCedar

The weather down here has been great, Kfld. Temps in the seventies and eighties.

And I know just what you mean about feeling like the house might actually still be there when you get back this time.

Enjoy!

Barbara

:smile:

Jen

karen, have a wonderfult time. It sounds like things are going well for Cory.

I dont remeber how long it has been since the testing was done, but it took my difficult child about 4 weeks to hear, if a i call right.

Jen