send good thoughts to difficult child/Buffy

dreamer

She is going to attempt a new job tonite- taking care of a very independant living quadriplegic lady in our town, helping the lady retire for the evening-----Dept of Rehab services will be paying for difficult child to do this on the ladys behalf, and there will be another caregiver there to show difficult child how to do what she will need to do. Buffy and I met the lady Buffy will be taking care of earlier in the week, she seems to be a bright kind lady. I hav a feeling Buffy will either love doing this or hate it, and she should know very quickly which way she will feel about it. I think she has little anxiety over it becuz it will be just her and the lady.....and her responsibilities are short- she is only doing the bedtime routine, 11 PM to approx midnite.

Andy

Best of Good Luck to Buffy! What a great experience she will have. I hope the lady training her in will be kind and patient.

MyFriendKita

Rattling beads that Buffy really enjoys her first night on the job, and really likes what she's doing. I don't blame her for being a little bit anxious--I would be, too. The first day is always the hardest.

mom_to_3

Good luck to Buffy. That is quite a job even if it only for an hour. It really takes a special kind of person to provide that service to another. I hope she gets back so much more from this lady than a paycheck!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry I missed this, dreamer. How did it go for Buffy?

My first job was CNA at the age of 16 - caring for residents in a long term care facility. I dealt with mostly the elderly or trauma residents. I loved it.

Hoping Buffy finds out quickly if this is something of interest to her.