Sense of Humor

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aubrey, at 2 1/2 years old has the most developed sense of humor I've ever seen in a child.......waaaaaay beyond her years in this one.

I've never seen a toddler actually get a joke. I mean, they may laugh, but they don't get how it's done. Aubrey, on the other hand, does get it.

Nichole is insanely afraid of spiders. Well, one evening she discovered this enormous spider crawling above her head while she was trying to go to sleep. We have all the drama of her snatching up the baby and coming to get me to kill the darn thing.

The next morning Nichole and Aubrey are in the room preparing for the day:

Aubrey: Lookit Mommy, Lookit! Spider dare! *she's pointing to a hairy thing on the floor*

Nichole spots the hairy thing and lets out a squeal to deafen anyone within 12 feet. Aubrey cracks up laughing. Big huge belly laughs. Nichole takes another look at the hairy thing on the floor. It's a big piece of fuzz. lol The rest of the day Aubrey mumbles to herself "Mommy spider" and keeps cracking herself up.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. Nichole and Aubrey are in the livingroom.

Aubrey: Lookit Mommy, Lookit! Spider! I scared! Spider! *enter toddler "pretending" to be scared here*

Nichole looks at the thing, yelps and calls for me. Again Aubrey breaks out in belly laughs. The "spider" is a small plastic one from halloween in the shadow under the coffee table. We're still not sure if Aubrey placed it there on purpose. lol

Night before last. Nichole is sitting on the couch. Aubrey comes up to her pointing.

Mommy! Mommy! BIG spider! I scared!!! Big spider Mommy!

Nichole wasn't falling for it again. Can't really blame her as it's embarrassing to be one upped by a 2 yr old. She goes to brush what she believes to be a piece of fuzz or something off her hand and it is a HUGE spider!!! Took her 10 mins to corner it and kill it.

Again Aubrey cracked up. Now she goes around repeating "Mommy scared spiders" and giggling. :rofl:

And Dumbo. The kid adores Dumbo. She watches it at least once a day. And when it gets to the part where Dumbo and Timothy mouse get drunk............she's laughing so hard she falls out of her chair everytime.

She now sets up jokes all the time. And they're FUNNY. I think we may have a budding comedian in our midst. And Nichole is in for some interesting years of child rearing. :D

nvts

Biiiiiig money in Comedy!

I also read somewhere that most comedians (the good ones - not the ones that count on just gross or shock jokes) have an unusually high IQ - you might just have genious on your hands!

I'm getting visuals of her laughing so hard, and you don't know how much I needed that!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Comediannes:laugh: have high IQ's too - :tongue:

THAT is Sooooo precious! I especially LOVE the part where she does the dramatic toddler bit acting scared....OMG too much!

Yup - she's a keeper.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
That is sooooo cute. Although I probably wouldn't think so if she was doing it to me. But adorable that it is happening at your house. Might have a prankster mixed in there too. Watch out! Never know who her next target may be. HEHEHEHE.

beth

lovemysons

Daisy, that is Too Cute! Your Aubrey sure does like a joke at mom's expense...No doubt she'll be using those spiders for years to come...smart lil gal huh!

My grandson Joey who is just turning 1 tomorrow, has alittle comedy sketch of his own with his mom. She says, "Aww, does my baby have a cold?" and Joey will imediately start coughing! It is the funniest thing! They crack me up.

I'm glad your enjoying some giggles with your grandbaby...they are the bestest!
Tammy

Lothlorien

Too funny! It sounds like she has a great sense of humor.

by the way, I never saw Dumbo until I had kids. That part is very funny!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
There was a spider at the office today. As I ran out of the office it was in so someone else could kill it I was thinking of your little Aubrey. Little stinker needs to keep them for her mommy and not send them this way.

beth