Sensory issues not good with moving!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Someone needs to have a camera on our house. :faint:

I hate the way cardboard sounds when it is sliding against itself, feels, touching it, opening the boxes- gack! I can't even think about it! So I have been cringing and shaking my hands out for the past 2 weeks while I pack like a lunatic!
Pushing through my weirdness.

N hates the sound of packing tape!:surprise: So here I am yelling "N cover your ears" anytime she is near me and I have the tape. :alien:

K hates the sound of cardboard boxes sliding across the floor. :whiteflag:
A lot of the time I push them across the tile floor through the house so I don't have to lift. She hates it.

Good times :laugh:

pepperidge

not to mention just the sheer fun of packing up your belongings for the millionth time...and let's not forget the pleasure of unpacking.

Can you play Christmas music loud? That should help your nerves...lol

Hang in there...

M

ML

UGH. The good news is that this move is like pulling a bandaid off FAST. It hurts terribly but will be over before you know it. Hang in there. We are looking forward to hearing an update when your settled in. The good news is you will welcome the new year in a new home that I just know will take care of you. This move feels so right. Love, ML

Steely

You are so funny. Good times is right. Yee haw!

At least you are not alone in your "gack" response to cardboard rubbing on cardboard, or the feel of it. It makes me want to scream too, (and wash my hands every time I touch it).
Amazingly I have worked my whole life in retail, unpacking merchandise from boxes daily. You would think I would have quit by now, or become immune. Yet, it still makes me want to gouge my eyes out every time I hear it.

Forgive me, I have lost track of your threads - where are you moving to?
Hugs.