Series Premier of "Army Wives"

neednewtechnique

Did any of you catch the series premier of the new show on Lifetime, Army Wives???? If you haven't yet but plan to, don't read this or it will spoil the greatest twist of the show, but for the rest of you.....WHAT A SHOW!!!!

Starts out with a woman who is very obviously the victim of abuse. It seems in the beginning that she probably has an abusive husband, but not too far into the show, we find out it is actually her SON that has been beating up on her....this kind of struck home for me (not that our difficult child is abusive, because she doesn't hit us, but she has the potential to get violent if she cannot be stopped in time), and I figured that many of you with difficult child's of your own might be interested to see what becomes of this situation.....

I honestly have to say, I was shocked, scared, and excited all at the same time. The issues surrounding our difficult child's are sometimes matters that people just try to ignore, or pretend these things don't happen, but they do, and this is the FIRST TIME I have ever seen a TV show with this kind of situation, and I think it is great to have something so close to home to relate with. They also made a big point of it NOT being mom's fault, which was WONDERFUL, because I was very impressed that not only are they addressing this issue publicly, but they are doing it IN context, and publicly PROCLAIMING that these things CAN HAPPEN, and they are NOT always the result of "bad parenting".

Alisonlg

I have not seen it. I miss Lifetime! I spend so much time watching childrens channels/dvd's that I forget what adult television is all about! Very interesting and it does hit home.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #990000"> sarah rushed home from work last night so we could watch this show together. we both thought it was terrific!

the domestic violence twist was extremely interesting & took us both by surprise.

our favorite character is roxy. we loved her :censored2:!

we're looking forward to watching this over the summer.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Kathy813

Staff member
I loved it, too. I was even going to start a thread asking if anyone else had seen it. Looks like we have a new show to talk about!

~Kathy

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> we talk about so many tv shows at this point maybe it deserves it's own forum rofl.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

tinamarie1

I liked it alot too. The lady whose son is hitting her...is she the same lady that used to be on JAG? I loved her! Roxy is really good too, and I am interested to see what happens with the guy whose wife is in the Army, she was the one dancing on the bar and hit the guy who touched her.