Seriously is the week over YET?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK... I am done. Well the In-Laws are in town, with mother in law's Dad. He is sick. So mother in law calls me this morning at 6:30, Do you need help with the girls?"
Uh no... we had left everything in the air due to her Dad being sick, she seriously is not thinking straight.
So I get the girls to School (husband is out of town, hanging out with BBK in Chicago)
K's teacher stops me and wants to talk. I had some donations to drop off anyway to the class.
So, I tell the girls to play at the playground. We do this before school starts everyday, and then go to K's class and then N's.
They see me in Miss T's class and they walk over to the playground, I TELL them if the bell rings come back.
So bell rings... I walk out, no girls, I walk over to the playground... nope. I walk over to N's class. She is sobbing with K and the Aide from K's room!
"We thought you had left us!"
For crying out loud!!!
So I am apologizing and saying thank you... wanting to ring K's neck.
How does she mess it up so bad, it was less than 10 minutes!!! We do the same thing every day!?!?!?
Miss T wanted to talk to me about the SD evaluating K for Adaptive PE... (so she is a clutz!) which I already knew, 2 years of Occupational Therapist (OT)... so more great news! (I know I am glad they are addressing it)

So then I get home, gonna try and swim with the girls... this is after I have to hear about how horrible I am that we did not "walk to school"... we live over 3 miles from school and we were late... yeah right!
Then mother in law calls and her Dad was at the little pharmacy clinic to see if his BiPolar (BP) was OK... they sent him to urgent care, OK, they sent him to the ER. So they have been at the Hospital since this morning!
Bad BiPolar (BP), bad EKG. They may keep him.
mother in law is very upset, it was just a year this week that she lost her Mom.
So then my Dad writes me sends me some great photos, and asks for prayers, Norbert is headed right at them! Cat-4 hurricane...

The worst is I missed a talk with the Author of "Beautiful Boy" and his son!!!
David and Nic Sheff
and now I am going to miss a great talk tomorrow on genetics and mental illness at the UofA!!!

and K is slightly Manic...
I am so done. Thanks for letting me VENT...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awwww ((((((hugs))))))))

This has been a major crappola week and we just hit hump day.:faint:

I got up and 6 am to study for that chemistry exam. I studied until noon when I had to stop and get ready to go. Forget easy child helping. She called around 10am. I told her to forget it. She wasn't going to "teach" me much in just 2 hours.

This morning's studying is on top of studying all weekend and such. Let just say I "get it" to the point where I don't feel like it's gibberish anymore. I don't feel confident or strong in it. So I get the test and tell myself I get to drop one just so I'm not a bag of nerves. I took my time. I didn't let myself get rattled.

And I have no clue if I passed or failed. To be honest, I'll be thrilled with a C. Didn't feel any better after taking the darn thing.

I went over the anatomy again tonight, but my brain is exhausted. I'll review in the morning. At least this one I know I can't actually fail as he's only counting the best grade, and my last one was an 84.

Then I've got the sign language one. I'm going to have to do some mantras and deep breathing to not let the anxiety get to me. Practice is great. But I'm not "seeing" the signs when I practice. So I've just got to hope I can recognize when she does them.:tongue: (and that she doesn't go too fast!)

And tonight Nichole is in the ER. Fell on sunday, nasty fall. Landed on her elbow. It looks ugly. I've been trying to get her to go since it happened. Her EMT director told her to get her fanny there tonight. She may have chipped the bone or formed a clot. Lovely.:(

Yup. Not the best week by far.

susiestar

Roll With It
Totoro,

Your family is In my prayers.

Daisy, I hope nichole is OK, or at least not permanently damaged. I also hope you did well on your tests.

hugs,

Susie

Andy

Almost, it is almost over!

Totoro - I hope things will settle down for you before the week ends.

Daisy - Would it help to practice signing in front of a mirror. If you can do a sign without watching your hands, you can watch the mirror to learn to "read"?

I am almost ready to join the quest for the end of the week. difficult child is so tired tonight which brings out his not so nice side. He came just short of refusing to go to tutoring and I almost kept him back because it really is unheard of for him to refuse tutoring - he loves it. However, I did take him and asked the instructor to work with super easy stuff (review/practice) and I would pick him up early. I went and bought us both a pair of shoes then to Subway for sandwiches for supper. When I returned to pick up difficult child, he was coloring a picture with colored pencils. The instructor said his attention span dropped. I had a difficult time getting him to bed early and he ended up asking to use his stress eraser. He had run into a tree branch chasing the puppy and was anxious about loosing his eye sight. I had to remind him that he had done that earlier this summer and survived. He told me that he would blame me forever if he looses his eye sight. "Just go to bed and let it heal!" Oh but was he cranky and demanding when I picked him up from school. I am not looking forward to tomorrow if he doesn't get the sleep he needs tonight!

Early out (noon) at school and no school on Friday. Next week early out Wed and no school Thur or Friday. He should be able to catch up with sleep Friday and Saturday mornings.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Chocolate, anyone? :D

Sorry it was such a stressful day. Go to bed early and hopefully you'll feel ready for handling whatever gets thrown at you tomorrow.

KTMom91

Yes. The week is over. At least it should be.

After an intense physical therapy session on Monday, I'm back to popping Percocet and sleeping all day. I hurt. Bad. Miss KT got a different medication to try for the migraines she thinks she has, I think that if she ate like a human being, that would solve 90% of her headaches, but I'm just Mom, and dumb as dirt...and wanted me to pick them up and tell her how to take them. When she called this evening, asking for her medications, I told her I had not picked them up because I felt she should be there to listen to the instructions, and we could both go tomorrow. Attitude, yelling, fuss...and I calmly kept repeating that I felt she should be there, too, till she finally yelled, "Fine, then, I'll just pick them up myself!" OK, fine with me...but if you don't understand the pharmacist's instructions by yourself, wouldn't it be better to go WITH someone, as a back-up?

And I have another physical therapy session tomorrow afternoon. Ow.

Marguerite

The only trouble with signing in the mirror, is you're seeing it mirror-imaged. So Daisy, here's a suggestion - set up a mirror with TWO mirrors meeting at right angles. Some old-fashioned dressing-tables will do this, they have mirrored wings which you can bend so you can see yourself form different angles.

Then you sit facing the angle and what you see should NOT be reversed, but should be you as others see you.

Our shopping mall has a lift (elevator) with mirrored walls. We get this effect in each corner. Of course, it does mean facing with your back to the door which can put other people off a bit - but I see this because I often ride an electric scooter which means it's easiest to drive in forwards, go out backwards. And I end up facing the mirrored corners!

If you're a bit flash with a ruler, a protractor and some basic physics, you can draw angles of incidence/angles of reflection and understand why this works. If you're not sure if it's working, hold up something with text on it and see if it reads right way round or mirror-reversed.

Marg

F

flutterbee

Headphones, good music, lots of chocolate and go to bed.

Sounds like a tough week for everyone. At least there's company in the misery!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...I had to check the computer to see which day of the week it is. It's Thursday. So, sorry dear...that means the week is not over yet, but looming.

I'm thinking the chocolate idea is a good one.

Abbey

crazymama30

Sometimes life just hoovers hardcore, sounds like you are having one of those times. For me, it usually gets a little better after a bad time, so I hope it is the same for you. Hugs.

totoro

I don't even know if the week ending is gonna fix this... N woke up at 2am. Wet the bed again. I have such a hard time going back to sleep after that.
husband's Grandpa had to be admitted to the Hospital,(mother in law is a wreck) they are removing his Gallbladder. He is in OK health. But they don't know how long he has had them yet. So hopefully it is the nice easy surgery and recovery.
I am watching Norbert head right for my Dad, he lives in Cabo. Friday night or Saturday it should hit. Yikes!
Oh and I could not wake either of the girls... so we are running late. They are eating right now! We should be getting ready to walk out the door.
I am not going to even stress about it! Sigh...
I am just trying very hard not to let the lack of sleep induce mania. I have my first psychiatrist apt in 2 weeks I think.
I hope everyone else is having a bright and cheerful morning!!!
It is sunny here... always is! LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Toto saying a prayer your husband's grandpa gets thru surgery without a hitch and heals quickly. (mine wasn't a big deal at all, but elderly take more time to heal) Saying another prayer your Dad stays safe.

I've got one more class today and then my weekend officially begins. :D YEA! And we don't have school on monday so I get 4 whole days. Gee, I might catch up on some housework that fell behind this week. lol

Steely

Sending a bazillion hugs.............

Life, I don't know. It seems to have it's own momentum that over powers any of our pre-conceived ideas.:tongue:

You are in my thoughts.

KTMom91

Spending tomorrow afternoon with my favorite first graders and hopefully going to the fair on Saturday. And then the week will be over. Bring on the ice cream!

totoro

I just finished up a huge thing of mango/vanilla ice cream... better than drinking alone I guess....
Actually the day was better. I refused to be bummed!!! I went and had coffee be myself and read.
Swam with K for over an hour after school. Let N watch her little Backyardigans... she didn't want to swim and everyone was happy. We read a stack of new Scholastic books for the rest of the evening...
Oh and Grandpa-inlaw gets to go home and do the wait and see... hmmm? stress, anxiety and the gall stones are not as bad as they thought. Oh and some reflux.
The girls are begging me and the inlaws to take them to see the Chihuahua movie tomorrow! They have been good... I guess.
I just feel bad, it will depress N further. She wants a dog still so bad. She still cries over Clemey... (I hate to even type her little name) She asks me a couple times a week for a dog. Poor kid.
I am going to bed while things are good!!!