Seriously? Who Messed up the Weather??

InsaneCdn

Wind chill warning tonight... first of the season.
These aren't unusual, really, but...
Just so you can see what the "experts" say about us...

This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Bitterly cold Arctic air combined with northwesterly winds of 15 to 20 km/h will produce wind chill values of -40 or lower overnight into Wednesday morning. Northern portions of the grainbelt will likely see the most extreme wind chill values. In these areas overnight temperatures will drop to between minus 35 and minus 40 Celsius with wind chill values near -45 expected by Wednesday morning.

A disturbance tracking across the Northern United States is currently bringing cloud cover and some light snow to southern portions of the grainbelt. Wind chill values in most of these areas are not expect to plummet below the warning level of -40 until skies clear. This is expected to occur over southwestern areas overnight and over southeastern areas Wednesday morning. Wind chill values of -40 to -45 are expected in these areas Wednesday morning.

At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I watch Ice Road Truckers, IC...they do diesel! I saw it on tv! lol I guess they just pray they never die and the fuel stops don't run out of anti-gel.

I start both of mine every couple days in the winter, just cause...and I cuss when I don't plug them in.

Saturday we had snow and a high of 30. Yesterday, here, it was sunny and 70. People were at the park in droves, half wearing shorts and flip flops. Today? 25 and falling to 15. Supposed to be back to 70 by the end of the week.

I think our weather is bi-polar.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ours too... It snowed last night. After 50 degrees and wind and torrential downpours in the AM... By bedtime we had these teeny little snow pellets coming down.

It's not horrible now. 27 F and no wind. But falling... :sigh: I think our weather is bipolar, too.

InsaneCdn

Shari... yes the truckers are on diesel, LOL - and lots of other people too.
What I meant was that our family doesn't do diesel...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I looked out the window before going to bed late last night and saw the trees covered. At first I thought omg ice....but no, it was snow. We weren't supposed to get snow as I recall the forecast. But I guess the perfect ending to a really weird day. Right now it's 23 degrees and not bad. I haven't ventured out yet, when I do I'll watch for ice. Dunno how much of that rain turned to ice once the temp plunged.