Severe Weather

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
All over central Illinois, Indiana, and much of ohio today and tonight. Storms are still going on here. But we have a break so I wanted to start a check in thread for other members in the storms path.

Heather, how goes it up there?? Looks like you've been having some major weather up that way. Kept watching the weather map and worrying about you a couple of hours ago. Looks like you still may be getting it too.

So members let us know how you are.

This is one hellova storm system we've got going on. We've had two people struck by lightening and many many reports of tornados and funnels.

And it's no where near over yet. Of course, now that I'm on my way to bed I hear yet another one rolling it.

I'm off before it gets bad. I've already had a power surge mess up this computer once, don't want to have to fix that again. Looking forward to seeing everyone is ok.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

If we did I slept through it and Wynter 'doesn't remember' so I don't think it was bad at my house.

However, it's been lightening about every 5 seconds for about an hour now. No thunder, though. Weird.

My weatherbug isn't chirping, but Jewel is attached to my hip so we'll see.

Hope you guys don't get any damage.

4sumrzn

No hail here, tons of rain! Some of the storms were pretty bad starting yesterday.....weather radio has been busy & still going off this morning. My puppies only acted "strange" twice & that happened to be when the tornado warnings were being issued & the sirens were going off. Some nasty stuff just went through again....hopefully it's about over! I'm going to have to get out the inflatable boat....the water is up to the step of our back door. And....so much for working on draining all of the water off of the pool cover....THAT was a waste of time. But, safe around here so far.....just ready for it to be over!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Had some rain and lightening, but I'm north of the tornado area...... Beautiful sunshine today......hoping the storms are done for all!

F

flutterbee

We had a lot of lightening and heavy rain, but no hail and NO wind at all. Not even a breeze.

Pretty much all of Ohio from Mansfield south is under some level of flood watch, warning, whatever. I'm not close to the river, though, so I'm good.

Heather, I hope you guys are ok and you don't float away.

4sumrzn

Ya know....it was VERY shortly after I posted, the power went out. More storms! Shouldn't complain.....the quietest hour of my life!!!! LOL!

LOL Heather, we ARE floating away.....but, suppose I'm OK with it....could have had the tornado touchdowns "no thanks". ;)

~Heather

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We did have tornado touch downs, last count was 3 out by the college north of town. Two last night and one this morning. Powerlines down all over the place, shutting down 2 of the major highways running thru town. Made getting to school interesting to say the least. No hail, but rain so bad to actually had to stop the car because you couldn't see to move. We have flash flood warnings, but I'm far enough away from water, and on high enough ground not to have to worry.

Several more touch downs out in the rural areas surrounding us. One of my classmates went to bed last night thinking the storms were finally over and she woke up to find her wheat field with a swath down it's middle, the wheat pressed down in a swirl pattern. Tornado had passed not more than 20 ft from her house and she never knew it! She has some up rooted trees ect, but no severe damage.

Had more severe storms tonight. (this is really starting to cramp my studying) Lightening hit in the yard across the alley. Thank God this time my computer was off completely and didn't get fried.

I think there are more storms headed this way from Indiana. sheesh

Glad everyone is ok. Hope it stays that way.

Hugs

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Looks like I spoke too soon.....they issued a tornado warning and we had small hail, but it blew through so quickly that tornadoes didn't form.....what a lightening show though.........

F

flutterbee

Sheesh, Lisa. You guys are really taking a beating down there this year.

I guess that's why I didn't have any wind. You guys were hogging it all. :sheepish:

Stay safe, everyone.