SF Bay Area or surrounding region room/B&B/??

seriously

I am blessed with a wife who thinks I really, really need to get away. ALL the psychiatric professionals in our lives (let's see that's a total of 6) agree. One is talking hospitalization if I can't get away for a break but I told her that was not MY idea of a vacation thank you.

Unfortunately we have very little $$ for this. I could spend 4 hours each way driving to brother in law's place in mountains but I really don't feel up to it.

I could take the train into the Bay Area but have been searching online and can't find anyplace with a real bed (no futons or couches thanks) that I can afford and that's available for this weekend.

So I thought I'd turn to the power of the board and see if anyone here has any suggestions.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Rattling of beads, etc. would be helpful too.

seriously

You would be amazed at the price of places to stay around here.

I could stay somewhere that I didn't feel safe in a bed that kept me awake for around $80 a night...

I just thought I'd ask in case someone knew of something I wouldn't be likely to find.

Thanks for thinking of me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Try Priceline or Hotwire. You can name your price on Priceline -- I was able to book a 4-star hotel in the Vancouver area for $99 -- they didn't reveal the identity of the hotel until after I'd won the bid -- turned out to be a Hilton and it was awesome! So maybe give that a try.

How about just getting away for the day? Even if it's just to the park with a good book, or go the library, take yourself out to lunch. husband and I used to joke that when things were crazy, we would rather be .........(getting creative was the joke)...standing in line at the unemployment office, (I can't think of the other undesirable things we would RATHER be doing), but you could most likely relax anywhere just to get away. And you should just get away, do you have an old friend you could spend some time with, even if it's just a meal? You just have to take a break and get away.You have to.
(On a side note, did you see the Giants vs. Phillies game 8/5?)